DAYS: June 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm kind of liking this Tripp against Kayla story. One of the few I'm interested in watching.  Just wish Jade wasn't involved. 

At least this "Lost" island story seems to be coming to an end. I was afraid it would go on until Ron's stuff kicked in. 

I need to go back and watch Morgan's first couple days as Anjelica because I missed it. I never watched much when the character was on before so a different actress may not bother me as much as some. I do want to see how she does in the role tho. (And I'd love to see Anna Stuart on DAYS ...or any show. I will always support "Donna Love" on anything.)

• Members

If you find any clips, can you PM me the links? I'm trying to get a handle on the character's voice for my DAYS blog (coincidentally decided to bring Anjelica back the same time the show did LOL) and am having a HELL of a time trying to track even a single scene down with Judith in the role.

I do know that, no matter what, she'd be 1000x better than Mae West Fairchild's giving us right now.

• Members

?!?  For real?  I always have seen Morgan Fairchild as more of an ingenue myself, no matter what age she is.  I would KILL to see some clips of her as Jennifer on SFT, especially the Eunice stuff.  My grandmother always commented on how good she was in that storyline, still thinking she was mean in anything else she saw her in.  Pretty sure it came up in a viewing of "Pee Wee's Big Adventure," to put it in perspective.

Ah, Deb Adair.  The REAL Kate Roberts.  God her storyline and scenes with Jamie Lyn Bauer's Laura were DYNAMITE!  She had the best chemistry with Lisa Rinna's Billie also.  And Pat Muldoon's Austin- she was so tender with him especially.  Her Kate was so multifaceted and a truly round character.  Try as she might, Koslow never matched her chemistry with any of the Billies or Austins.

I'm assuming you cast Judith in the part and that's why you're looking for clips of her specifically?  TBH, if you're looking for the character's voice, you'd be better served looking for her under Jane Elliot.  She defined Anjelica and had that pitch-perfect voice and line delivery that gelled perfectly with the character.   Nobody could deliver sarcasm in falscetto better than Elliot.  Chapman was good, but her Anjelica was more of a manipulative witch than the finely drawn, high strung, upper crusted, sometimes mean-spiritied Anjelica that was Elliot's creation.

Shelley Taylor Morgan was totally WTF? casting and was ALL WRONG for that part.  Not sure what the casting director was smoking that day.  It would be akin to casting Missy Reeves or Kelly Ripa as Eve Donovan when they were in their youth.  It would have been a completely different character!

• Members

I agree with everything you said about Deborah. I adore Lauren Koslow, but for me Adair will always be the real Kate. She was amazing with her on screen kids and her scenes with JLB were so old school soap 

Please register in order to view this content

Archived