Y&R: June 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

I think Hilary is strong, unapologetic, ruthless, and business savvy. So they don't seem to have a problem with writing her that way. They just think her being that way is a problem and tells us we shouldn't like it or her and it's something she must change or overcome to be worthy of love and respect. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I get it and agree. They changed her to make her a heroine so that she could be the counter to vixen hilary and deserving of the life that Hilary would lose to her. I see how it was necessary for the story they wanted to tell. You can't paint one character as undeserving, take her life, and give it to another character similar to her. But that goes to show that Mariah should have never been in that story. It wasn't for her if she had to be changed to make it work 

• Members

Yeah Mariah started watering down when snaky Tech girl arrived, then snarky Chloe came back, and with whiny Summer gone they need a good girl

I like Reed/Mattie despite them being obvious Daily 2.0

• Members

I don't know what the show is going for with Devon with respect to Hilary. What are we supposed to believe? He bad mouths her to Jordan. Why? Is it cause he wants to protect other men from her? Or is it cause he wants Jordan to dump her cause he wants her alone and miserable? Why? Cause he's bitter? Jealous?  His writing gets odder by the day. And I've lost interest in his story and no longer care about his opinion of Hilary.  Without my stan glasses  to cloud things, she's well rid of him and has been thriving without him. Why should she want him back? 

I've seen folks blame the lack of love scenes for them on it being IR. But I tend to disagree. I think it's more to do with CG. They seem to have issues showing her in those types of scenes. They didn't show much with Kevin either. 

• Members

She probably has trouble falling asleep.

Big agree on CG's love scenes. I watched the preview for the week, and I am happy they are showing CG in a bikini. She has a healthy body and I say more power to her. The writers need to give Mariah her personality back and her sexual energy.

• Members

Hilary is an empowered woman. They make things for that. Lol. Besides, she's got Jordan to stud for her. 

I thought she looked great in the preview too. It's no coincidence that Mariah never really had a real love interest or boyfriend until now. 

I've seen Mondays show and I don't know what to make of the happenings of that Jordan/Hilary/Devon/Mariah qaud. Devon's behavior gets dumber by the day. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

No offense, but what I've had in mind is Victor Newman being brutally raped by at least one male assailant.  To understand what I'm getting at, think of the 1988 Santa Barbara storyline where poor Eden Capwell was brutally raped by a man who turned out to be her gynecologist.

Archived