Y&R: June 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

Billy was raped. I've never been sure if that makes it better or worse that Victoria is raising Johnny.  I agree with you in the case of Lily and Cane though. It's not the child's fault, but watching a woman take all the responsibility for a child their husband had outside the marriage is a no go for me.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The show long rewrote Billy/Chelsea to consensual sex despite the audience seeing him being drugged. I distinctly remember a conversation at Crimson lights between Billy and Chelsea sayng so. 

I don't mind this scenario in the case of rape. It's the same as a man assuming responsibility for a child resulting from his wife's rape. Was Cane raped? Or just irresponsible? There is a fine line. 

• Members

LOL he was jealous of Scott/Victor, even Sharon said it, played ON SCREEN not de Land of La

You mean the 3 episodes they shared scenes in this month, he shared the same amount with Phyllis where he actually showed he was none too pleased bout her new BF.....BWAHAHAHA

• Members

LOL you're right.

Some more considerations:

- The guy who plays Cane just. can't. act. I wish they would give him some basic directions!

- I am getting major lesbian vibes from Cassiah+Tessa.

- @Taoboi I just realized the Chipmunk is back next week, I guess you were referring to him. I'm ready to fast-forward through his scenes.

• Members

Comedy as in absurdist or slapstick?  

When I think of movies that use jump-cuts, I generally think of movies by Charlie Chaplin or Woody Allen's Bananas and that weird Mightnight Sex Comedy film (which I watched before finding all about Allen's proclivities) or Stanley Kubrick's Dr. Strangelove

Those aren't rom-com's they're bizarro-pics!

Please register in order to view this content

If that's the vibe that SS is going for...

• Members

They wanted to sell that Billy and Chelsea romance badly. 

But why would Vikki rehire a liar? Juliet is not blameless. 

You're right. Hilary should sit down and tell Juliet she's sorry for egging her on but she must do the right thing. Hilary won't though. No story in that. And how will those two become rivals if Hilary is decent! 

Slapstick. Remember when Billy was in Phyllis'  office on her computer and she was falling over the desk. It was more Lucille Ball than Sleepless in Seattle. 

@Aback I definitely get romantic vibes with Tessa and Mariah. It's not just chemistry but staging and dialogue as well. The show may be playing around with it but I can't ever see them going there. 

Archived