Y&R: June 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

+1

I thought the Carmine/Lauren story had such potential. So did the initial Fenmore's problems but they both sort of fizzled. Shame.

Please register in order to view this content

Three Queens Together I love Davidson as Ashley but would love her to stay on DAYS and to get Brenda as Ashley

Whatever problems the suits have with Rowell, they need to get over it. The show would be so much better with her on it. I really miss her presence. I'd love nothing more than a Dru/Hilary scene.

Ohhhh .. hmm. I could be here for Jack/Lauren ... But I agree they're likely to push Jack and Phyllis back together at some point in time. Likely when anything with Nikki fails like it always does

• Members

The worst thing is she's connected to most of the vets on the canvas but since she's been paired with Michael Y&R treats her like an entirely new character. There's no reason Nikki and Ashley can remain frontburner and Lauren (who is roughly around their ages) can't.

• Members

The fact that Lauren hasn't been frontburner works to her advantage in that she hasn't been subjected to ridiculous storylines that may have damaged the character.

It was suggested earlier that she become an antagonist against Scott's girlfriend (not Sharon) and the two enter into a cat and mouse battle kinda like Vanessa/Lorie. That would bring back Lauren's manipulative side.

• Members

I think part of the problem is that if they move Lauren away from Michael, there's literally no woman Michael would click with. He barely even fits with Lauren but they've been together for 10+ years, so I guess it's the show's tentpole couple :/

• Members

True. But that's only been recently. When Gloria was initially swallowing the show whole & Phyllis was humping Nick Y&R couldn't get enough of using her to prop them.

I would've been interested in the Carmine story if there was ever a chance she and Michael would break up for an extended period of time but this show is committed to emulating ABC when it comes to appeasing stans.

• Members

With no emotions and the previews for Monday look even worse with Chelsea.

The scenes with him and EB fell flat because of his acting. He just reads his lines and that's it. This version of Nick is not needed in the canvas. What is the point?

• Members

The lack of good stories for people like Lauren, Paul, Neil and Jill is probably my biggest pet peeve with this regime. They know these characters well but have thrown them to the side, I don't get it. I could maybe excuse Jill because of Jess spending time with her grandkids but they had her for weeks and gave her that music box garbage.  The Lauren sidelining is especially criminal because of how Sally promised to revitalize her yet gave all her goods to trash ass Gloria.

The Juliet reveal fell real flat to me at its climax. CK and DG reminded us in Thursdays episode that despite their tenure they're horrible actors who should never be given leading material no matter how hard their little stans campaign. She was crying like a hairdresser permed off her edges and he mopped around kicking an imaginary can with his hands in his pocket as if he just lost a game of rugby. Terrible! Its obvious why they gave all the manipulative meat to Angel Conwell (my baby

Please register in order to view this content

I say give her a teenage step kid via Terrell Tifford and bring her on permanently!) and Mishael Morgan too after seeing how weak the Juliet actress is when she has to play antagonist (that scene when she clunked her heels over to Michael and Lauren and told him to keep his client away from her was embarrassing. Much like DK, and other new hires she just ain't got it).

I did not like that Hevon scene last week. All the work they've done positioning Hilary in this great, independent pot stirrer role was undone in five minutes and now its going to be back to Devon just lecturing her to be a good person but enabling her bad behavior and her having to beef with Mariah over him? No thank you, I like my girl better away from that simp and his bs. Sorry Bryton but she's just way more valuable out of that pairing.

Cold business bitch is the only thing Amelia Heinle ever plays well so she's been much easier to take lately. Still not digging the Philly/Snoretoria triangle because of how desperate its making Phyllis. This has reminded me why I always prefer Red with Jack because even when they had to deal with a third party interloper you always bought Jack's love for her and she didn't come across so pathetic. 

I don't give one flying damn about any of this Newman drama. Nikki and her MS, piano playing, and Tessa propping is a complete snooze and Nick is too old to be so directionless  (I hope this becomes a point of contention for he and Chelsea, that was the only interesting angle they've had so far) and throwing temper tantrums at daddy. I said a couple of weeks back that a triangle with him, Sharon, and Scott could work though so I hope that is where we're headed.

Scott should still be recast though. I can't get into this guy at all, his love scenes with SC were actually gross to me, and the stuff with Abby could work if he weren't so charmless and blech. I think I'm a broken record when it comes to this lol but I just don't know what they were thinking when they cast this guy. He does not sell the material they're giving and he's not believable as Lauren's kid at all

I guess I'm in the minority finding this Dina story hard to care about? Its mainly the Graham/grifting elder abuse angle that is dragging for me because its all so predictable and paint by numbers. For a while I wanted their secret to be that he helped her kill her husband and steal the Mergeron business from her step kids or something but instead we're getting this boring generic play. Its so repetitive too that I'm just over the whole shebang honestly especially with the Gloworm inserted, ugh. Dina's relationship with Ashley is the only thing that still interests me.

Last few quick hit thoughts: the Phyllis and Nick scenes this past week were pretty good but GT and JM have no romantic chemistry. I think it might just be untapped though because they do have a spark of something

Tessa still sucks and I don't care about her and dating app guys history. Also agree with whoever said her and Reed's singing needs to stop immediately. I cringe every time I hear "juuz a maaater a tiiiime"  

I want to see more of Charlie and I want him to be a reckless screw up douche instead of a boring boy scout or rico suave black dudes are always stuck playing. I expect Maddie will continue getting more screentime though because she's more white passing and easily paired off

Speaking of generic black archetypes DK is still floundering a bit but they should keep him in scenes with MCE because she's bringing some ease out of him that the other screen partners are not.

I feel bad for the guy playing Ravi. They stripped the character of all his uniqueness and now he's just Ashley generic buddha talk to. The pairing never worked for me but he should be getting played with Abby, Mariah, Noah, etc not stuck with the 50+ crew. I hope he can stick around but time is ticking.

Archived