Y&R: June 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

Backstage drama. 

Politics.

Please register in order to view this content

Would it be crazy to think that Dina is married to Graham? I am sure the show didn't expect people to like this story so much.

I am also thinking that TPTB might want to pair Victor and Ashley and Jack with Nikki down the line. I am not that crazy about all the Newman/Abbott pairings.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If nothing else, opening the doors to new writers of different races could potentially lead to the discovery of fresh, exciting, gifted talent.

And encouraging diversity (and the myriad of voices which diversity provides) benefits everyone. Who's to say that a new black writer could not write for all the characters, both black and white, better than some of the awful scribes we've been stuck with throughout the years?

Perceptive folks already understand this concept, and would always applaud the idea of fresh talent from any race being given the chance to shine.

• Members

I thought they were going for Ashley + Graham or whatever her "real soulmate" was going to be.

On a sidenote: whose idea was it to put CGI-green table cloth on the GCAC patio tables?! It's HIDEOUS and it casts a green light on the actors' faces.

• Members

The biggest problem as far as pairings is that SSM's regime isn't addressing how much damage most of the veteran characters have suffered over the last decade & a half.

She's done a fairly good job with rehabbing Sharon but a lot of that is because Sharon (the character) is relatively backburnered and Sharon Case is a strong enough actress to sell the writing.

However with the other vets there is no consideration about who they (now that they're no longer archetypes) are currently. It's just been a constant rush to pair them in random pairings to facilitate the plot. There's no reason for Jack and Nikki to be getting back together except to create yet another love triangle (which seems to be SSM's specialty).

Archived