Y&R: June 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I do think that Y&R and B&B are less badly written than GH or DAYS, but unfortunately, none of the remaining four soaps merit much praise for their stories these days. I'd also like to see GH's mob shelved, or at least sidelined for a while, but with the current PTB on all soaps being who they are, I can't really see any dramatic improvements coming to the soaps in the near future.

At least serialized storytelling in flourishing outside of daytime TV.

• Members

I like JC, but The Worm serves no purpose on Y&R

MA serves the Grand Matriarch role vacated by Jeanne well and Dina is still relevant to the show and doesn't violate Y&R history. Her presence has actually made Jack and Ashley far more interesting - bringing out the best in both the actors and characters. 

Jill coming back with Colin normally wouldn't do anything for me. However, Colin inserting himself into the Juliette storyline could be entertaining. I wouldn't mind him having 'nice' convos with Juliette and Hilary.

Trying way too hard to make Villy/Phyllis triangle. It's not needed. AH has been remarkably great since LA when Victoria is handling business. Her scenes fall flat when she's forced to victimize herself for Billy. Stop it! 

• Members

It was so short-sighted to kill off certain characters, like Colleen and John Abbott from Y&R, Alan Q from GH, Will from DAYS, etc.

Axing beloved characters is not the best way to encourage audience loyalty.

You're on a roll, Soapsuds.

• Members

They should have never recast Adrianne Leon as Colleen.  Tammin Sursok sure made me care a helluvalot less about Colleen.   But if they do resurrect her, can they use the same magic potion to bring Brad Carlton back to life?

• Members

I know it wasn't lol. I was a bit quick to post that before reading everything said.

And completely agreed on the bitchy female vixens that get watered down. It's so annoying. B&B has had a slew of them in recent years.

I'd be perfectly content if no one on any of the remaining soaps had anymore babies for a long long time. Very tired of baby stories. Sometimes it seems like they simply have no idea what to do with someone so they make them pregnant for no reason.

+1

I was really annoyed at the time to see Leon go and Davetta Sherwood go. They were fantastic recasts.

• Members

That's right!  It was just about the same time that happened.  It was jarring and a total downgrade.  I actually liked Davetta's chemistry with Grazadei.  I know I'm in the minority there, but there was something kind of forbidden there.  I thought it was hot in a different kind of way.

And Leon and Luckinbill were FIRE!  I remember the hate sex they had when they were arguing about his dalliance with Victoria and her flirtation with Professor Annoying.  Sizzling!!!  Sursok had chem with NOBODY!

Archived