Y&R: June 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

I knew I stepped in it when I expanded on my initial thought.  I didn't say you guys were wrong.  I didn't say that you should feel some type of way.  I said what I said, which is how I felt, and directed it toward another poster who I genuinely like and have gotten know over the years.  I don't think I was wrong, which is not to say that I necessarily felt that any of you were wrong.

Did you expect me to respond to this with "Nice Try"?  Or "Thirsty."

No dear.  More like "Lint"

Definite miss!   #NotTheOne

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was joking.

The entire point was that certain posters on the internet treat differences of opinion as a call to all-out war, and become enraged when other folks do not immediately acquiesce to their point of view. Opinions are not facts, that is why they are called...opinions. No honest opinion is "wrong," and voicing it need not precipitate fury in anyone else.

It's summer, and hot enough already. Everyone should just chill, you know? There is room for everyone's free expression of thoughts.

• Members

Exactly- so maybe quit judging others for the manner in which they voice theirs?  Do you not see the irony of ending your post with that line?

(And Deee-Dee- I tried to find the initial Dru/Phyllis scene where "lint" was coined and failed.  How did nobody ever make a GIF of that?!?)

Now THIS is the Ron that I know and love!  Why were you so mean to me on my first post back?  Did you forget that I'm a total d!ck?!?  Sorry for being a d!ck in response.  I probably took it too far!  Muah!

• Members

I don't mind so much since he isn't Nick's and we don't see him much these days. Then again I have zero hope that any of these third generation characters are going to be written well.  Not if Noah and Reed are any indication.  I need one of Victor's grandchildren to show some drive.

• Members

A question for all of you who seem to remember all the small details that I soon forget.....Aren't Phyllis & Billy living in Summer's condo and didn't Jack give it to her?  If that's how it happened, shouldn't he take delight in evicting them?

• Members

Probably. I can't remember where she is. Last I knew Phyllis said she was "exploring the world" and told her it was time to come home. Luckily that didn't happen and I hope it doesn't in the near future.  I think it's helpful for characters to have some missing time so to speak.  Then it's believable when their past comes back to haunt them.

Archived