cassadine1991

Y&R: June 2017 Discussion Thread

896 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, KMan101 said:

Ugh. Gloria go away. Where the [!@#$%^&*] is Jill??

 

Between Dina's return, the Victoria/Billy/Phyllis triangle, Scotty's return, everything going on with Fenmore's, the Chloe insanity and the sexual harassment suit her absence is GLARING.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ajsp35801 said:

 

Not me. I can admit I was wrong instead  of lying about my original position. 

I can rarely remember my original position.

 

Well, I do remember liking Villy way back when and I don't anymore so I guess that makes me "wrong" on that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought jill was due back this month.

 

Listing everything happening...it tells me that Jill is still vital to the show...moreso then Jack or Victor.  Bill bell knew this hence why she was vital up till he retired in 1997/1998.  Then Kay Alden started the gradual shift to Victor and Jack only.

Edited by Soaplovers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, juniorz1 said:

 

@DeeeDee- now I HAVE sided with you MOST of the time in MOST of your SON debates and I don't think we've EVER argued, so I hope you will take this as the gentle criticism that it is meant to be.  You literally just took the tasty bait that those posters were serving up and gorged on it.  They sort of made you show your ass, in this instance.   When that happens, your posts and arguments lose credibility to the readers, especially when the comments and arguments begin to come off as petty.  Then when you are having an actual debate, even when you're on the right side of it, that memory of pettiness is there and can be used as an argument against you to take away from the valid points that you are indeed making.  It's a nasty, classic political tactic and you walked into it.

 

I have gotten to know you and your posts over the years.  You are passionate, intelligent, and often fierce.  Please try to take a step back at times, look at the big picture, and you'll see when traps such as these are being set.  The method you then use is instead of falling into the trap, you acknowledge and call it out (which is what I have swooped into this thread and done).  I hope this helps and I get an "Amen" instead of a (-1) for this post!!! :lol::lol::lol: 

 

 

-1

 

Sometimes a PM is in order instead of open chastisement. 

 

I know...it ain't my business. And I'm horid for stiring the pot. 

1 hour ago, ChitHappens said:

 

I am thoroughly enjoying the sexual harassment SL!  My problem is how Hillary was used to make it interesting and then she just tells Juliet she's on her own?  Hill is supposed to see this thru by continuing to manipulate Juliet.  

 

For those who don't believe Hillary has a motive to be involved?  She wants ratings and the icing is sticking it to Lily.  That's plenty motive, but YR falls short once again.  

 

Don't worry. If you think the show is giving Hilary a concious or humanity, think again. I'm fairly certain we will find out she was playing Devon and working a different angle. She's never allowed to be sincere..ever. 

1 hour ago, MoTheGreat said:

 

I think she still could stay involved. To bad she told Devon the truth, maybe.

 

She's lying. Wait for it...

13 minutes ago, Juliajms said:

I can rarely remember my original position.

 

Well, I do remember liking Villy way back when and I don't anymore so I guess that makes me "wrong" on that one.

 

You can't really be held responsible with the many Billy recasts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ajsp35801 said:

 

-1

 

Sometimes a PM is in order instead of open chastisement. 

 

I know...it ain't my business. And I'm horid for stiring the pot. 

 

 

You're fine.  I wasn't chastising her (I think she knows that and is why she chose not to respond), I was actually trying to help her out.  I thought about a PM, but the idea was she was dragged through the mud real quick-like openly in this thread.  

 

Was I chastising the mud draggers?  You betcha.  Was that part of the motivation for posting rather than PMing?  I mean, yeah, kinda.

Edited by juniorz1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Soaplovers said:

I thought jill was due back this month.

 

Listing everything happening...it tells me that Jill is still vital to the show...moreso then Jack or Victor.  Bill bell knew this hence why she was vital up till he retired in 1997/1998.  Then Kay Alden started the gradual shift to Victor and Jack only.

 

Y&R could write Victor out tomorrow and not much on the canvas would change.

 

In fact the only Newmans who are semi-relevant right now are Victoria, Reed (thanks to Mattie) & Abby (mainly because she's also an Abbott). The rest of them might as well be on the backburner.

 

However Jack & Jill are both fairly central to most of the current stories. It's ridiculous that Jess & Judith have to compete for airtime but that's the way sexism works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, juniorz1 said:

 

You're fine.  I wasn't chastising her (I think she knows that and is why she chose not to respond), I was actually trying to help her out.  I thought about a PM, but the idea was she was dragged through the mud real quick-like openly in this thread.  

 

Was I chastising the mud draggers?  You betcha.  Was that part of the motivation for posting rather than PMing?  I mean, yeah, kinda.

 

I get it. :-) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loving Y&R and B&B the writers are doing a great job. GH is still failing to me. I'm done with the mob. Bring Jason Q back and his brains. Loved the mob in the old days when it started but the show is less hospital than it should be now. The Godfather movies ended awhile ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DeeeDee said:

 

Between Dina's return, the Victoria/Billy/Phyllis triangle, Scotty's return, everything going on with Fenmore's, the Chloe insanity and the sexual harassment suit her absence is GLARING.

 

It's very glaring.

2 hours ago, Juliajms said:

I can rarely remember my original position.

 

Well, I do remember liking Villy way back when and I don't anymore so I guess that makes me "wrong" on that one.

 

Exactly. People can change their positions on something. Something we may like initially we end up not liking.

1 hour ago, DeeeDee said:

It's ridiculous that Jess & Judith have to compete for airtime but that's the way sexism works.

 

It is a shame. And they're choosing the wrong one to feature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ Like many soap pairing Villy would have been better as a romance that didn't lead to marriage.  Soaps don't do longing very well anymore.  It's really a shame, but it seems clear to me that some focus groups convinced TPTB that people won't wait for payoff anymore. I can't think of another reason soaps rush to marriage and babies so often.

Edited by Juliajms

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Juliajms said:

I can't think of another reason soaps rush to marriage and babies so often.

 

Soaps do the same with vixens too.

 

Bitchy female characters grow popular with the soap audience (usually at the expense of its heroines) & the writers quickly ignore their flaws to turn them into 'heroines' while the real heroines are hated and/or backburnered.

 

Most soaps use babies to cement couples now. As long as two characters share a kid they'll always be forced to interact.

 

13 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

People can change their positions on something.

 

That was never the issue.

Edited by DeeeDee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, juniorz1 said:

 

You're fine.  I wasn't chastising her (I think she knows that and is why she chose not to respond), I was actually trying to help her out.  I thought about a PM, but the idea was she was dragged through the mud real quick-like openly in this thread.  

 

Was I chastising the mud draggers?  You betcha.  Was that part of the motivation for posting rather than PMing?  I mean, yeah, kinda.

 

I have no doubt that those who "dare" to point out her bullying tactics are quite repentant after your Very Important Contribution.

 

Indeed, I think I hear sobbing and gnashing of teeth from the peanut gallery as we speak.

 

I jest, I jest! :)

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, DeeeDee said:

 

Soaps do the same with vixens too.

 

Bitchy female characters grow popular with the soap audience (usually at the expense of its heroines) & the writers quickly ignore their flaws to turn them into 'heroines' while the real heroines are hated and/or backburnered.

 

Most soaps use babies to cement couples now. As long as two characters share a kid they'll always be forced to interact.

 

 

That was never the issue.

 

Typically, soap babies are used to secure some EP/writer/network pet to canvas and to make them relevant. That Christian is cute but he shouldn't exist. 

Edited by ajsp35801

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now