Y&R: June 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"How dare you supply her with a lawyer?"

They act like recommending a  lawyer is tantamount to killing babies. Everyone is going around talking about what Hilary is doing for Juliet, which is nothing, and how evil she is instead of Juliet. It's dumb. And it is definitely damaging ho her character. This constant villainizing for the smallest transgression makes no sense but viewers buy into it. It's very weird. 

@Taoboi @ranger1rg Lily vs Hilary would be more entertaining if it was organic. But they centered Hilary in a story she should be peripheral in so that they could play Hilary in all these antagonistic scenes. Sure, MiM is good at it but Hilary needs more balance. Every scene written for her for a month shouldn't be her manipulating and arguing with EVERYONE in the Winters family. I'm over her carrying the load for them. It's time to allow someone else in that family to be something other than a lame sanctimonious do gooder. Make Devon a hot mess for a while. Let them fight to save his soul. It's what should have happened after hevon's divorce instead centering Mariah as some go between. 

• Members

Some people complained that his work was boring but I think they were mostly pissed off because he wrote the Carmine/Lauren story, which I thought was pretty darn compelling until Lauren was made into a victim.

I tend to think JG had some interference from the higher-ups.  In fact, I think the pressure from them may have led to him experiencing something of a nervous breakdown before he eventually left.

• Members

Of course, but personally speaking there are different levels. 

I once had someone who practically called me daily to check on my "progress" even though we had previously agreed to scheduled phone meetings.  I had to remind them of what the agreement was and when that seemed to fall on deaf ears, I reminded them of what they were paying in terms of billable hours.

There are various explicit and implicit ways one can be pressured.  Also, everyone's mental constitution is not the same.

Facing off against an indie producer is much different from facing off against a machine backed by a network.  Also JG was no Bill Bell Sr. who would've had a lot more leverage as he was the show's creator.  

• Members

That's pretty much like what we have been discussing with SSM.

And I feel going back to her interview and what-not, that she has subtly been mauvering her stories back into the show while doing whatever those people who have been interfering want her to do.

Archived