B&B - June 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

Well darn CBS News. I just started watching B&B because I was traveling and the entire last segment was pre-empted and too late for POP. Will have to wait till it hits on demand tomorrow. Ugh! Ironic first time in a long time I actually feel cheated. (the first half of Thursday was cut off but that was no biggie since the 2nd half covered it all). 

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The reason the show is still on Friday cliffhanger is because B&B has opted no to repeat pre-empted episodes. The Nicole wedding was never shown in its complete form in my area of the country.

See in my area there were no preemptions. Both episodes aired in its completion.

• Members

It seems like Katie only started acting crazy to accommodate the surprise of the story with Sheila's arrival.

I wonder if 

Please register in order to view this content

and that's how they'll wrap that up.

Then again, according to the promo, Sheila claims

so they might have found a quick way to explain it. 

• Members

@Soapsuds I'm referring to the May 12 episode - that one did not air anywhere in the country (unlike the Nicole episode). It was pushed to Monday. You can see that in the B&B recaps on CBS.com. In fact, because my cable guide listings were updated between Friday and Monday, my DVR wouldn't record because it has 'recorded' it Friday since it had the same episode number. I had to manually set. I'm switching DVR now from CBS to POP for B&B/Y&R. It's only guaranteed to get clean episodes, if they air. 

Like I said, amazing they could make those adjustments so fast. I figure two weeks were filmed and probably scripts for next two definitely written with production/actor assignments. That's fast work and a testament to B&B's ability to adjust - that's how they can kill DOA stories so fast - Drunk Brooke, which they should've skipped her being an alcoholic and just left it as a momentary lapse in judgment considering Brooke's 'very big heart' is her only addiction. 

@Aback Right. B&B doesn't have many 'can't miss' moments like today. It's not only redundant episode after episode but within the same episode sometimes! 

• Members

Kaite went bananas overnight and for no reason, but they should have let this play out a bit longer before revealing Sheila.  Let Katie take the blame for things she didn't do for a a few more weeks.  But it looks like we are approaching the end before the middle even happens.  From the promo, chit hits the fans pretty quickly.  My expectations are very low so I know there will be no disappointment from me.     

• Members

The "Have no faith in Brad Bell" part of me is thinking that it'll end up that Katie did in fact shoot at Quinn, but in Brad's mind, all it takes to redeem her is bring on someone even more crazy. Sheila will probably be using Katie in some way, blackmailing her, and Katie will become the "victim" and all is okay.  Quinn and Katie will probably even team up together and be besties by 4th of July.

I hope I'm wrong.

I think when it comes to preemptions, if they manage to air even one minute of the show ET, they're not going to re-air. It used to be that way with GL and ATWT in their later years, but YR and BB would get better treatment if more than half the show was pre-empted. I guess they don't care anymore. The local stations don't even re-air episodes late night anymore since the episodes are online.  If the entire episode is pre-empted in ET, then it'll air the next day.  If recall correctly, the Nicole/Zende wedding actually aired in whole in ET but was pre-empted in the west.  I guess in those cases, they stay on schedule and the West have to watch online.

• Members

@crc You're correct on the way pre-emptions work now. Everything has changed with on-line. CBS, like other networks, is trying to get people to use its official online service (or the On Demand option), so they're a real benefit to push people there instead of re-airing a mostly interrupted episode. In fact, because you have to watch commercials - it's actually better since they know a big portion DVR and obviously zip through. 

@YRBB I like your theory - could explain a lot - like why Sheila is in Katie's house. The OTT way Katie has reacted has been beyond bizarre.

Sheila - With Scott back on canvas, I believe this is a transition to get her to Y&R. On B&B, other than a few week arc, what's the point?   

• Members

Seriously, Bradley Bell has 3 wackos on the show. Has B&B become GH? I have no faith in his writing. He hasn't written a story that is worthy of that.

And the Nicole/Zende was pre-empted in the ET time zone because I remember only the first segment before the opening credits was shown and then it was pre empted and on the next episode Zende and Nicole were already at their honeymoon.

• Members

I must have watched it online because I remember watching everyone get up and give a speech at the wedding.  As long as they air even a minute of the episode though in ET, they're not going to re-air it.

I'm curious how the Pheila mess will be explained. I had to stop watching Y&R not long after that reveal, at the height of LML'S craziness and mass character assassination. I've only read about how that story got worse from there.

Archived