B&B - June 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maya should be like Y&R Hilary. Can you imagine MM playing the part? In scenes with Brooke or the Forresters?

I don't find Sheila's return interesting at all. She has no real reason to be here.

The show really needs a new headwriter. It should be daytime's guilty pleasure.

• Members

Brad Bell really does need to step away from the HW pen. He doesn't have a clue anymore.

Maya was a bitch for a little while (but it was directed at Aly which wasn't the smartest thing) but B&B seems to water down the women with a backbone (like most soaps). Some weak actresses do end up working better playing the crazy or the bitch. She's one of them who would be better served playing a bitch.

Maya would have been dumped a long time ago if Brad hadn't made her transgender. It was a story for about five minutes and amounted to pretty much nothing. Now the other black girl is crazy for a baby and wears bad wigs. It's awful.

• Members

Writing wise, B&B should be an extremely easy show to pull off. All you need is terrible, sexy people doing terrible things to each other with style and fashion mixed in. That formula worked extremely well for like 15 years.

This? I don't know what they're trying to do.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

She is so bad. Oh and Reign Edwards isnt much better. Im sick of Nicole walking around like a zombie. I dont like how RE is portraying Nicole's emotions in this story. Its so dry and doesnt work. The stiff wigs only make her worse

• Members

The story isn't working because Nicole wanted to be an insta mother. Pure plot....she and Zende just got married and they should be enjoying time together instead of worrying about taking care of a baby. Also the whole paper wasn't filed properly crap is pure sh!t. I wish Myron would lose here so Rick would dump her sorry ass. I hate that Rick had no reaction to her being transgender. That was pure bullsh!t!

• Members

So when did Zende become Myron's protector? So it's apparent he doesn't want Lizzie because Rick is the bio father and not him. It's seems he hasn't gotten over the fact that Nicole carried a baby for Myron.

Thomas and Sally...zzzzzzzzzzzz  what pure garbage Thomas spewed out about her saving him....whatever.

• Members

Exactly. I was watching Zombie's defending Myrna and what like: oh, this is because he still resents his white uncle procreating with his woman. 

It's interesting how it's barely mentioned that Lizzie IS Rick's bio child and zero consideration is given to his rightful claim. Brooke should get involved in this story. 

How sad that OB (aka the Rowan of B&B) is written with such pure hate. It's not even gray as Judas' real reason that he wants Lizzie with Wigcole.   

@Cheap21 - You're so right about the normally wonderful RE. It's like she's on Valium. I don't blame her for loathing this story. RE has been one of the best finds for B&B and she is being wasted. Wigole should be leading that generation in terms of partying, glamming up and enjoying all the decadence LA has to offer! 

• Members

Julius' hatred of Maya totally makes sense.  He lost his only son so his actions make sense.  Problem is, this didn't play out more and Julius went to a wedding he should have NEVER attended.  But of course, the transgender SL was a huge PSA with no real meat behind it.  

As for Reign, she looks dead in the eyes and not due to being in character.  I don't believe she likes this show anymore and the disrespect shown her by having to wear that trash on her head.  She looks absolutely miserable!  I wouldn't feel good about myself if I had to walk around looking like that.  I sent Angie McD a text because this is horrible.  Victoria Rowell complained about this very thing and look at where we are years later.  It's ridiculous and offensive!  

• Members

@ChitHappens You're probably correct about RE. How on earth can B&B not find an appropriate wig for her? This is a show about FASHION and you're going to have an actor who truly fits 'beautiful' look like that? And given a horribly inappropriate story to boot after submitting her independence to Zombie after weeks of 'no man is going to treat me like.' All it took was a carriage and flowers from a bad 1980s DAYS episode. 

The PSA approach to Myrna has always been a bone for me. As much as I loathed what they did to her, it truly could have been a complex and compelling story by having characters have REAL reactions to the revelation. Everything from Rick/Carter struggling, Brooke/Eric being concerned, C2 being livid that she was branded a liar for a kiss, $B making it a huge tabloid story cause both positive and negative implications for FC, etc. Then you bring in the parents and their experience in keeping the secret would have fit into the fabric of story. Judas would have fit in naturally - instead he looks like a small minded midwestern bigot - even though the family is from CHICAGO!

Oh and P-Rick doesn't work ever on this show - that's Widge role. Plus having P-Rick berate/threaten/pressure Wigole - gave me very bad vibes - think master/servant. The writers are completely clueless for being so PC. 

• Members

This is why soaps are dying...necausr they aren't getting to the heart of a major story/issue.

As much as the Cassandra human trafficking story was a little too graphic on online AMC...it bought up a lot of emotions..and the aftermath (seeing Cassandra rebuilding her life, maybe even support group scenes, etc) would have been good had that continued.

Maybe networks are the problems..and not the writer/producers?  

Archived