B&B - June 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think this is a smart twist if they want to try and build story with Sheila. Her being the shooter would've been too much too soon. It makes sense Deacon would want to kill Quinn after she did the same to him and it ties that story up. Plus we got the excitement of wondering if Sheila did it by the timing. Now they can move onto her actual story and try integrating her into the canvas. I don't want another short stint where she quickly goes crazy and leaves. If Quinn could last as long as she has, give Sheila a shot at redemption. 

• Members

I thought today was a great episode, what with Deacon holding Quinn at gunpoint, Sheila begging Eric to believe her/getting arrested, and we actually got to see Brooke find out Sheila's back, even if they downplayed it and moved on way too fast. And those last few moments with Katie seeing and calling Ridge, and Ridge coming to Quinn's rescue were very tense. Pretty solid.

It all mostly worked because of Kimberlin Brown and Sean Kanan's work: Both put in their A game and sold their respective stories, even if it's sad what they're doing to Deacon. But I suspect this won't be it for him for good. B&B can make anyone come back from anything.

I don't think anyone ever said he did it from Katie's house. It was the direction of Katie's house, which allowed for her to be a suspect. Besides we saw Katie in her living room at the same time Quinn was being shot.

If anything's ridiculous is how fast Deacon got to the house after shooting Quinn. lol

I think RS did some fantastic work today but, yeah, it looks like Bell's enamored. And I used to think she wouldn't last long...

+1

Yep. If they're going to do a story about Sheila's rehabilitation, might as well commit to it.

• Members

That's always possible, but I think so far they're playing the story right. Brad Bell isn't stupid, he knows the show needed a shot in the arm and he's giving it to us. He's going to get sick of Sheila like he gets sick of everybody, but I'm hoping we get at least a year of good story out of it. I'd still tie it into Y&R by having Tessa be one of her daughters and perhaps even bringing on her daughter with Massimo who would also be Ridge's sibling. There's a lot of ways they can take this story.

• Members

She does look fantastic.

I don't like the Sally/Steffy thing either.

This show is a mess.

Today's episode wasn't terrible though. They can churn out a good one every now and then. Sometimes even a few months worth of good stuff but that seems few and far between since it's become The Quinn Show. I never expected to be sick of Rena Sofer.

She has done great work. But she's practically taken over. I just don't like how soaps introduce characters as, well, loons, and then when they realize the actor is great or the audience likes them, they go through ridiculous hoops to prop them up and make them "good". And characters just look dumb putting up with them. And I had to lol the other day when everyone in every scene was talking about Quinn. And you had Bill, Wyatt and Liam talking about Sheila's return like they knew her. The writing is just so bad at times.

I miss the days of Brooke's vagina ruling the day. Who'da thunk it? LOL. Brad must still be bitter at Lang, Brooke rarely gets a POV or any focus anymore. I mean I don't watch constantly anymore but it just comes off that way.

• Members

To each their own. I don't think he's great as Ridge at all. He looks unwashed most of the time and it seems like he went to the Shawn Christian school of acting where he acts bothered by everyone and everything in every scene. JMO. I think he's been good as Ridge actually but now I think he feels checked out and completely disinterested in this Quinn [!@#$%^&*].

Will always love seeing Sean Kanan on my screen.

• Members

I never thought anyone could replace Ron Moss, but I have to say I buy TK as Ridge.  Ron Moss is of course one of a kind for good and bad, but I think of this like I do LuLu on GH.  The actors who have played these characters bring out a different facets, but I can believe both versions. 

Generally it annoys me when actors seem bored with their characters or story, but I'm starting to have more tolerance for it.  I used to think it took a lot of chutzpah to take the kind of money they make and then act above it all, but at this point I'm not much different.  I'm still watching out of habit, but I feel like these shows are mostly disrespecting their audience and most of us are above the product they are putting out.

Archived