Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DramatistDreamer

Y&R Promo: A Naughty Secret Is Exposed

17 posts in this topic

There was a time when Y&R had other storylines cooking at once that they had time to really build before a reveal to have maximum impact.

Like, Lily and Juliet would've truly bonded over dinners, drinks, "girls night out" events and Cane might have even grew to appreciate Lily and Juliet as being close, confident that the secret would never come out then 'Wham' it would all come tumbling down.

Considering the flash drive was already used to reveal the 'gambling' conspiracy, I'd say these writers are running out of ideas on how to spill secrets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Considering the flash drive was already used to reveal the 'gambling' conspiracy, I'd say these writers are running out of ideas on how to spill secrets.

 

Flash drives were used to reveal Jack & Gloria's affair too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DeeeDee said:

 

Flash drives were used to reveal Jack & Gloria's affair too.

 

OMG. This is ridiculous!

 

What is this... 2006?  Flash drives are all the rage now?!

Edited by DramatistDreamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

 

OMG. This is ridiculous!

 

What is this... 2006?  Flash drives are all the rage now?!

 

Yep. SSM is slowly working her ways through the 00 decade. The online dating thing (obsession) is still fresh for her and the flash drive thing is so incredibly dated. I haven't used a FD in 5 years (or more). I remember when DAYS had Kristen carrying around/losing, etc. that FD for months and that seemed tired. 

 

And how random that they would not only spoil this reveal, but also zero build-up. I mean if Hilary saw Cane/Juliet in LA and get vibes or previously, at least, it would be something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

I'd say these writers are running out of ideas on how to spill secrets.

She is stuck on flash drives....LOLOLOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

 

OMG. This is ridiculous!

 

What is this... 2006?  Flash drives are all the rage now?!

 

lmao, this show is being written by grandparents who probably have NO IDEA what social media is... I mean look at B&B's pathetic attempt at trying to make Steffy have a Kardashian-esque soc media presence. And I'm pretty sure peeps still use landlines on these shows... xD

 

behind the times mess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have a problem with flash drives but why use it to reveal three of your latest storyline secrets? It seems a bit lazy, TBH.

 

Maybe they should watch an episode from one of the seasons of Black Mirror to get some ideas for other ways to use technology.

 

Remember when that virus hit Newman and Jabot?  Now I know why, both companies probably still use Windows NT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love that Hillary is the one who gets to deliver the bomb to Lily, should be good

 

58 minutes ago, edgeofnik said:

And how random that they would not only spoil this reveal, but also zero build-up. I mean if Hilary saw Cane/Juliet in LA and get vibes or previously, at least, it would be something. 

 

They've had at least three scenes like that, including one this week when Juliet, Jordan, and Hillary were lounging at the hotel bar in LA and Hillary wanted to know more about Juliet and Cane's bonding in Japan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, detroitpiston said:

I love that Hillary is the one who gets to deliver the bomb to Lily, should be good

 

 

They've had at least three scenes like that, including one this week when Juliet, Jordan, and Hillary were lounging at the hotel bar in LA and Hillary wanted to know more about Juliet and Cane's bonding in Japan.

 

I only watched 2 episodes this week. I stand corrected. And, yes, to Hilary delivering the news. OC, Lily will lean on Jordan - so the triangle can begin.... I'd rather have Hilary/Lily sniping at each other than Hilary/Cassiah 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

There was a time when Y&R had other storylines cooking at once that they had time to really build before a reveal to have maximum impact.

Like, Lily and Juliet would've truly bonded over dinners, drinks, "girls night out" events and Cane might have even grew to appreciate Lily and Juliet as being close, confident that the secret would never come out then 'Wham' it would all come tumbling down.

Considering the flash drive was already used to reveal the 'gambling' conspiracy, I'd say these writers are running out of ideas on how to spill secrets.

 

^

This. 

 

To add on, Hilary shouldn't've learned about the affair till months down the line.

 

Juliet should've been fired or demoted from Brash and Sassy b/c of the gambling mishap, which rattled her and caused her to go legit for awhile. In her down time, she'd use her spare time to 'bond' with Lily while winning over Cane as Juliet swears she'll keep their tryst a secret.

 

Then the camera man would weasel his way back into town trying to pilfer more cash from Cane, which is when Juliet would stumble unto the truth and use it to get Cane to get her back into Brash and Sassy. Juliet would use both secrets to pull Cane strings to advance herself even more. That's when Hilary should've overheard once instance of the two going at it over the secret, but instead of using a damn flash drive, have her record it and show it to Billy, who'd rightfully blow Cane's whole world sky high. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TBF, rural areas of the U.S. do use landlines.

 

And I still use flash drives. But I take forever to update things...happy with what works for me. As I am sure others do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Taoboi said:

TBF, rural areas of the U.S. do use landlines.

 

And I still use flash drives. But I take forever to update things...happy with what works for me. As I am sure others do.

 

Yes but GC is a hub of international businesses = it's not a rural farm town. If the stories were cohesive/logical (or at least interesting), they could use floppy discs and Walkmans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.