Could u see Gary Tomlin/Chris Whitesell as new GH head writers?

• Members

Theres rumors that Jean P and Shelly might be out by their two year mark on the show. I have a feeling Tomsell aka Gary Tomlin and Chris Whitesell are at top of the list. They did write Eileens great material in 2012. They were DAYS head writers almost 3 years. Do u think Tomlin and Whitesell would be an improvement or keep Jean/Shelly?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am not a fan of constant headwriter changes in general.  Just like under Mr. Carlivati, I think what the show needed/needs is a good story consultant, though I am not sure who a good candidate would be.  To be fair, I think lately the writing has improved with Kate Hall's return and Lucky Gold now on board.

• Members

I disagree to a certain extent. I abhor Tomsell. They make me WANT Jelly to stay at GH! Lol and I do think Jelly are boring but I honestly don't hate their GH. I didn't but there's a lot of crap and characters I could care less about. I think Tomsell are far worse but it's just my opinion.

• Members

In a word: NO  And the only rumors of their firing are made up rumors posted here.  They were nominated for an emmy; they won the writer's guild award.  They aren't going anywhere. If Varni and Drummer are concerned they'll just have others consult and write some long stories that Jelly will add to the mix.  Tomlin is older than God and Whitesell is best as a break down writer who might contribute story ideas.  Tomlin is a very good director and it's nice that ABC rehired him but of course they wanted him on staff in case of a writer's strike which didn't happen. Tomlin went "FICORE" during last strike so he would have been the interim head writer during a 2017 strike.

Archived