Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JONNYSBRO

Could u see Gary Tomlin/Chris Whitesell as new GH head writers?

17 posts in this topic

Theres rumors that Jean P and Shelly might be out by their two year mark on the show. I have a feeling Tomsell aka Gary Tomlin and Chris Whitesell are at top of the list. They did write Eileens great material in 2012. They were DAYS head writers almost 3 years. Do u think Tomlin and Whitesell would be an improvement or keep Jean/Shelly?

I am not a fan of constant headwriter changes in general.  Just like under Mr. Carlivati, I think what the show needed/needs is a good story consultant, though I am not sure who a good candidate would be.  To be fair, I think lately the writing has improved with Kate Hall's return and Lucky Gold now on board.

1 minute ago, skiman12082004 said:

I'm sorry but GH is unwatchable under Jelly's pens. Tomshell might be an improvement.

No they wouldn't be. I can't believe I'm defending Jelly ... Jelly's just boring and basic. Tomsell sucked the life out of DAYS so no thanks.

5 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

No they wouldn't be. I can't believe I'm defending Jelly ... Jelly's just boring and basic. Tomsell sucked the life out of DAYS so no thanks.

Both are boring.:P They both suck neither is better or worse than the other.

I disagree to a certain extent. I abhor Tomsell. They make me WANT Jelly to stay at GH! Lol and I do think Jelly are boring but I honestly don't hate their GH. I didn't but there's a lot of crap and characters I could care less about. I think Tomsell are far worse but it's just my opinion.

U know whats crazy OLTL only win for best show was under Gary Tomlin. It was for the trading places episode. What did u all think of Tomlins OLTL? It was definitely more comedic and lighter then JFP darkness.

In a word: NO  And the only rumors of their firing are made up rumors posted here.  They were nominated for an emmy; they won the writer's guild award.  They aren't going anywhere. If Varni and Drummer are concerned they'll just have others consult and write some long stories that Jelly will add to the mix.  Tomlin is older than God and Whitesell is best as a break down writer who might contribute story ideas.  Tomlin is a very good director and it's nice that ABC rehired him but of course they wanted him on staff in case of a writer's strike which didn't happen. Tomlin went "FICORE" during last strike so he would have been the interim head writer during a 2017 strike.

Edited by RavenWhitney

14 hours ago, RavenWhitney said:

In a word: NO  And the only rumors of their firing are made up rumors posted here.  They were nominated for an emmy; they won the writer's guild award.  They aren't going anywhere. If Varni and Drummer are concerned they'll just have others consult and write some long stories that Jelly will add to the mix.  Tomlin is older than God and Whitesell is best as a break down writer who might contribute story ideas.  Tomlin is a very good director and it's nice that ABC rehired him but of course they wanted him on staff in case of a writer's strike which didn't happen. Tomlin went "FICORE" during last strike so he would have been the interim head writer during a 2017 strike.

That doesn't prove anything.