Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DramatistDreamer

Arab TV Series Dramatizes Life Under ISIS

4 posts in this topic

The soap, the telenovela, the continuing dramatic series...whatever you want to call it, has the power to reach people like few non-visual media can.

This article describes a series that will air on an Arab TV broadcaster, where producers hope to show the horrific brutality of a terrorist group like ISIS. It looks quite intense but perhaps it will dissuade potentially vulnerable people from romanticization this group.  

Personally, such a group looks about as appealing as being roasted over fiery hot coals but I've read stories of people who somehow flocked to what looks like a hell-hole to me. 

This series sounds fascinating but a possibly a tough watch (though I once watched an entire 60 episode series that recounted the horrors of slavery in Colombia, La Esclava Blanca)

Arab TV Series Dramatizes Life Under ISIS

On 5/24/2017 at 1:04 PM, Edward Skylover said:

Thanks for this. Sounds interesting.

You're welcome.:)

I think this series could very well travel and make its way to other broadcasters in other parts of the world and even onto Netflix, etc eventually.

1 hour ago, DramatistDreamer said:

I think this series could very well travel and make its way to other broadcasters in other parts of the world and even onto Netflix, etc eventually.

Hopefully, people need to pay more attention to the subject as it's something which is really spiralling out of control.