April 24-28, 2017: Y&R/B&B/GH Down in Total Viewers

Toups

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And Pissy Ant needs to be fired. Her ratings for GH are so bad and she's been at the helm for much longer.

All the soap ratings are horrible and truly deserved for boring(Toups take a drink...LOL), dull, rushed pairings(looking at you Bradley Bell) and stories that just don't work.

• Members

The total viewers for all shows - some the Millions more than World Turns, Guiding Light, Life to Live, All My Kids - Total viewers are higher in only some instances 2 - out of 4.  All four in demos are below where Guiding Light, World Turns, AMC, OLTL were canceled - total viewers....but - when you look at the 18-34 (HORRIBLE FOR CURRENT SHOWS).  18-49 Women - Guiding Light at it's WORST pulled 500,000 to 580,000 18-49....it was canceled at 610,000 W 18-49 - those were its WORST numbers.... And only 2,000,000 people were watching in total supposedly.  What does that tell you?  Guiding Light viewers were old 9 years ago - but had more 18-49 viewers than Y&R and B&B and all shows have now.  With only 2 Million total viewers - 580,000 were 18-49.  Tells me they weren't so old if you'd given them a chance.  And now the rest of the soaps are truly at the endda da rope. 

• Administrator

Exactly! Like what do you expect from daytime soaps when primetime ratings are extremely low too.  The point is shows on television will continue to get lower and lower every year.   I don't think quality is the main factor - it's just evolution of the way people watch things or what they're watching.  

• Members

For years, I've been wondering why TV (especially daytime) doesn't push for a new metric for gauging advertising rates?

Each year that goes by the Nielsen ratings systems seems more antiquated and clunky and it's been this way since the VCR went into wide household use.

• Members

Well, it is bleeding. And I have to LOL at how primetime calls some shows a success.

But Daytime should be proud, Y&R still averages 4 million A DAY. A DAY. I know demo is important but these shows still garner at least a couple of million in viewers a DAY.

• Administrator

Also, networks aren't just looking at Live+Same Day ratings anymore.  So that's why shows even with low ratings get renewed.  They're looking at other stats too.

• Members

Every soap's ratings are trash and all their writers deserve to be fired...the only show with the wherewithal to do it is DAYS but because of a ridiculous production schedule, who knows how that'll work. 

PissAnt at GH is a hack and the ratings are in the toilet. SSM has failed at Y&R and needs to be replaced with Alden with Slater as Co-HW to run the day to day. Brad needs to hand over the reigns to Michael Minnis - he is simply burned out. 

But would an increase in quality equal rising ratings? I doubt it. The Nielsen system is over. 

Archived