American Idol: Discussion Thread

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's going to tank. It was doing so poorly on Fox and barely hanging on to any ratings. At least Jennifer Lopez won't be involved. I couldn't stand her on it. I actually hated the whole panel. They need to bring back Randy and Paula IMO. Simon won't be back because he is under contract with NBC. I'd love them to hire someone else besides Ryan Seacrest as host but you know he'll be back.

• Members

I thought they were still trying to get Kelly on American Idol?  I know Jennifer is headed to the voice and I thought with Miley too since Gwen is taking some time off and Keys is done with The Voice.

• Members

The ratings at their lowest were still better than all the shows on Fox and some on ABC ... not saying I love they're reviving it but it's still a viable franchise. If they reboot it properly. Bringing back any old judge isn't the right move.

Kelly sort of turned her back on Idol which was surprising. I think she and Adam Lambert would have made great judges.

• Members

Supposedly, American Idol bumped a new comedy from Carol Burnett off the ABC lineup. Rumors are that they are retooling the comedy and that ABC is still interested. Also, if ABC doesn't pick up the series that NBC might.