Actor out at Y&R (Finally)

• Members

http://tvline.com/2017/05/04/the-young-and-the-restless-greg-rikaart-leaving-kevin-exits/

It’s the end of an era at The Young and the Restless.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Daytime Emmy winner Greg Rikaart — who has played reformed perp Kevin Fisher on TV’s No. 1 soap for the past 14 years — will exit the CBS sudser later this summer. Although reps for Y&R and Rikaart declined to comment, sources confirm that The Powers That Be opted not to renew Rikaart’s contract.

When Rikaart debuted in 2003, his Internet predator character was only slated to appear on a short-term basis. But fans took to his villainous alter ego and Y&Rsubsequently signed him to a contract. Kevin has long since been redeemed, now works for the Genoa City Police and recently found out that he’s the father of on-again/off-again wife Chloe’s daughter.

Rikaart — whose primetime credits include guest stints on Bones, Major Crimes and CSI: Miami — will continue to tape episodes through June, with his swan song slated to air in August. Rumor has it that exec producer Mal Young and head writer Sally Sussman are leaving the door open for Kevin to return down the line (i.e. he’s not getting killed off).

I'm in shock!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

@ChitHappens LOL.

Normally this would free up some story space for another character but since Kevin had no storyline and had chemistry with no one, I guess it just takes the pressure of the writers to try to wrack their brains to come up with story for this character.

I guess now we know why they made Bella Kevin's daughter instead of Billy's. So he can take her and ride off into the sunset. I wouldn't mind if they took granny Glo with them.

• Members

I really didn't think it would happen. I wonder if CLB will be next. 

I didn't hate Kevin but I hated just about all of his stories. Kevin should have left with Jana, instead of Jana being ruined for that perennial flop Chloe. 

He would likely do well as the friend in Hallmark movies. 

• Members

Time to get rid of the dead weight. Soap execs have long held on to their favs but Kevin literally serves ZERO purpose and should have been off the payroll long ago. Can't keep finding things for him to do!  

For me personally, I have loathed the character since his "redemption". 

Archived