Y&R: May 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, tbh, I don't think these twists and turns with that character is her fault. I think the story she had planned was overruled. What's a girl to do? They sign her paycheck. 

That was avoided wasn't it. They came to an agreement this week. It so I thought. 

• Members

Scott has been a complete fail in all aspects IMO. I've said it before but I expect him to be gone in a year or so.

The Mariah & Hillary material flopped the moment they had Hillary trip her and the story became "Mariah is so great and Hillary is just evil so Mariah deserves everything she has" I've always shown love for CG here but they've done her a huge disservice with this heavy handed garbage.

Barely been able to keep up with the show this week so I'll share my thoughts later.

• Members

It's nice to see someone other than myself admit that this writing was heavy handed and designed to make Hilary some evil villain and deserving to lose all to Mariah. And the show seems hell bent on giving it to her despite it being a fail. 

Scott is just a directionless character. I think the actor is handsome though he needs a haircut. He's likable and can act. He just needs a clear plan and purpose.

Curious to know what you think about the Jordan and Chelsea connection.  

• Members

Oh now we have Nikki aka Shirley Partridge.   I had actually gotten through my first episode in five months (Dina's first episode this week) because of Dina and the flashbacks.  But then came Hillary/Mariah talk show scenes, day player Tessa and Nikki fake playing the organ....LOL.  OMG. It's not offensive, it's just so, so, lame ass.  Who are all these day players they keep introducing. Tessa, Reid's gf, Juliet, etc.   awful. Sorry Sally, five months in and the show is b-a-d.

• Members

That's what I think as well.  IDK why, but I just feel like a lot of what we are seeing these days is because either CBS or SONY (or both) are interfering too damn much with the writing.

• Members

What happened to Scott being forced by Christine? It's odd Pratt really went heavy on vets with few new characters introduced. This wretched regime has done opposite and worse - hired bad actors.

Only Reed and Tessa have potential - the teen girls - pass; Juliet, Jordan, Ravi and Scott are all yawns and all 4 have a creep/stalker factor to their characters. If I didn't know better, I'd guess Sally is trying to find her 'Sheila' 

• Members

And Mal Young. I think alot of what we are seeing are his ideas that he was able to push through. I think he's wrestled power over writing from Sally tbh. She was very clear about Philly. Yet here we are with Philly onscreen and we all know he's the leader of that fan base. 

• Members

The only newbies I care about are Scott and Reed because they are children of legacy characters. Sally can ditch the rest. I hate Tessa.

Friday's show was cheesy bad. Nikki looked stupid on stage with Tessa.

• Members

She just pops in once in a while to talk to Scott, Phyliss or Jack. I wish Michael were out of her orbit. She needs to get back with Paul and maybe become involved in some murder mystery a la Hart to Hart version. She has been so boring(Toups takes another drink...LOL) since she hooked up with Gay Michael.

Archived