Y&R: May 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maybe you have a hard time with the age because CKLily is pretty but she doesn't have the personality of a model but look at past characters such as Dru. She was a model and a very successful one at that. She was way older than Lily but she had it goin' on all over.

• Members

By the time Dru's child became a teen, Dru's career was over. I loved her re-entrance in Genoa City in 2004 because I thought it was realistic. Dru became too old to model and came to grips with that. She had to create a new career for herself, which she did. 

• Members

Saw most of the week.

Seems like the main stories was The Quest for Chloe and Hillary Stumbles onto Cane/Juliet and plots revenge.

B stories: Dina, Billy v Cane

C: the kids.

Add me to the Reed/Mattie likers. It was cheesy yes, but I did like it so far. Now if they do slow, I might get into it.

I LOVED how they are teasing out this flashdrive thing. Thursday ending on it was something else. But like I said, I want it to take a bit with Evil Cane before a downfall. So it's working for me.

It's nice to see Chels determine to get Chloe on one hand and movement is definitely being done. Love her getting back to her grifter tricks to get there. Edgy. But how far can this plot go when the show let EH go (yes, I saw her on Fri, but still)?

More Dina please.

I noticed someone mentioned there' s been a slight shift in the writing/direction. I would agree. May it keep going.

• Members

Just catching up, but the Dina story has been good. The actress is phenomenal, but that's a given. I would love Traci and Jill in the story, but schedule doesn't always permit it. And I'm fine with that.

That scene between Eileen Davidson and Eric Braeden was solid. The show has definitely improved its rhythm. The music has also been on point.

Scott and the actor needs to go. Both are insufferable.

I'm also intrigued by the Nikki/Victor storyline. Melody looks ravishing and I like that they incorporated her MS into the story. I'm really looking forward to the benefit. I also enjoy the actress that is playing her business assistant. They have great chemistry.

The show is dare I say on an upswing? Stories are finally developing naturally.

Not sure why people don't believe CK being a parent to 2 teenagers? People have kids young, meh. Edit: If CK is 29 now, then unless she drastically ages from now until 32, it's not that unbelievable. CK is pretty, not the best actress, but she works when the writing is there. I also like the teens, and don't find them insufferable. 

I don't think the writing needs to beat us over the head with that. Eileen Davidson is doing a good enough job IMO

I think it's just you. I'm enjoying Hillary just fine.

Does anybody watch the show and just enjoy it around here or is all just criticism all the time? I'd sooner turn off the tv

• Members

Watching because I have the day off. This show is actually somewhat watchable and much better than it's been in... a decade?

some of the camera pans and shots they are doing are reminding me of old Y&R.

the girl giving Lily all this sass is really good!

Archived