Y&R: May 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

If they really wanted to get creative and stay true to Nikki's roots, she'd already know that Tessa was trying to pull a scam. However, Nikki decided to give her a break so Tessa could learn that through hard work, self-confidence and supportive friends/environment she could succeed on her own merits. 

But they won't, so that TGVN will save Nikki from a hostage situation caused by Tessa's rogue ex-boyfriend so that all will be forgiven and the Newman Ranch will be filled with classical music and chess games again....

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Philly in this story for 20 years olds, but I guess its appropriate since they are trash anyhow.  Phyllis in disguise following Billy on a business trip because he's to close to Vicky?  Vicky using the kids to get Billy to come over?  These are 40/50 year old successful business woman, and TIIC can't find a better way to put these 2 women in a triangle, especially over Billy's worthless ass?  I've been watching soaps for 37 years and has seen every triangle in the book.  I don't recall any of them this bad and nonsensical.  This show is a different kind of ridiculous.  Pratt was full of arrogance and misogyny.  Sally is simply not equipped to write a soap.  Her stuff comes off as juvenile and lacks confidence.  I'm long past tired of her! 

• Members

Keemo isn't a failure imo. He's just forgotten. Lol

Tessa will also regret her scam just as he crazy boyfriend take both her and Nikki hostage. She will not pay for her con. She will become a victim as well. 

I knew they were confusing Phyllis with summer when, last year, she threw herself over the bed to cry over not being able to be with her affair partner because of being stuck with Jack by her own choosing. Oh, the angst and pine! RME. 

• Members

The most annoying thing about SSM's Y&R is that some really good ideas are ruined by horrible pacing & shoddy characterization.

For instance if Jill & Joanna were in this Jabot/Mergeron/Fenmore's umbrella story in Gloria's place everything would make much more sense.

If Y&R wanted to rehab Gloria they should've had her play 'Cool Grandma' to a returning Fen AND if Y&R HAD to include her in the J/M/F umbrella story she could even play a MINOR role there via Joanna.

• Members

Chit what is your hatred over Jason Thompson i love him in the role. Jason is such a gorgeous looking guy and great actor. My Philly is the hottest thing ever. The worst thing is why the hell is Puketoria in this damn story. Get that twit the hell off my screen. My problem with Sally is how dull and drama free her writing is. Shes been here almost 6 months and not much has happened. Pratt i will say his stunts were crazy drama which resulted in big ratings. Every week Sally is 500000 to 750000 below Pratt. That to me says something. 

• Members

Do you actually mean Matt Miller (Victor's brother whom I think is still alive), or Matt Clarke (Nick's nemesis who raped Sharon and IS dead)? If it's the latter, then I would've loved the idea of his vengeful psychotic daughter showing up, moving in with Nikki and Victor, and systematically dismantling the entire Newman family as revenge for her daddy's death. It's the kind of crazy that I wish Y&R would try again. This so-called character-driven stuff bores me.

• Members

I'm visiting my mom so Y&R is on via POP. They really need to bring the outdoor scenes back. At least the shots on the rooftop look good and kudos to the sunset/evening shots. 

The Dina 'mystery' isn't even being hidden. 

The only thing I wholeheartedly thank SSM for: Sharon's return to sanity and warmth with no underlying agenda. I never understood why regime after regime tore Sharon apart. 

Archived