TNT’s ‘Good Ship’ Delays Production Due to Star Eric Dane’s Depression

DramatistDreamer

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The only case where I think it would be okay is if Eric Dane has been very open and forthcoming about his depression. Perhaps trying to end the stigma about depression and mental illness? Maybe it was common knowledge in the industry but hopefully they didn't 'out' Dane or anything, if he didn't want this disclosed. He does seem to have a forthright personality, from what I've seen in past interviews.

Catherine Zeta-Jones has been very open about her bouts with bi-polar disorder. 

Also, unfortunately when "personal reasons" are cited, people often jump to the conclusion that it's a drug addiction problem, especially if the person is in Hollywood and as we have all seen recently, drug addiction inspires a great deal less compassion by some people in the public eye.

• Members

An article on EW cited a statement from his publicist that said this, so I seems like it was their decision to come right out and say it from the start. 

This is what I thought -- 'personal reasons' invites a lot of speculation, and most of it could be very unfavorable. It sounds like they decided to be honest about what the case is and let it be.

Archived