Daytime Emmys 2017 Discussions

YRfan23

• Members

Jess's reel was wonderful but I knew she wouldn't win. Everyone she was up against were main players on their show. I realize technically it's not supposed to make a difference, but you know it does.

I wish the writers would use JW more often why she's still around. She's being wasted. The last writer that really wrote for her was Bill Bell.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's a popularity contest. No one can tell me with a straight face that Scott deserved all those wins. He only has one type of acting. He seems like a goofball on the set and probably very popular with his peers and thus his Emmy wins.

I am glad Peter didn't win though. He is very smug. I don't care for  him.

Btw...Scott Clifton's wife is ugly.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Scott Clifton is the first Lead Actor winner born in the 1980s. Surprisingly, he isn't the youngest Lead Actor winner at the time of his win. Darnell Williams was 30 when he won Lead Actor in 1985.

Only three Lead Actor winners were under age 35 at the time of their wins: Darnell Williams, Billy Miller (he turned 35 in 2014, after his Lead Actor win that year), Scott Clifton.

• Members

Your original statement said nothing about Bill Bell's death. You said, "The last writer that really wrote for her was Bill Bell."

Kay Alden wrote riveting material for Jess Walton for YEARS. From the Chancellor mansion fight to her fun and sexy relationships with men like Larry. I'd say Jill was her crowning achievement, along with the teenagers. If we're talking after Bell's death then, yes, you are correct. 

• Members

Sorry, that's what I meant. I never really thought of anyone, other than him, being in charge of the writing until after he died. Of course, now we know he had Alzheimer's. So maybe he didn't have as much influence as I thought at the end????

I hope what Kay wrote for Jill was because she was the one who was invested in her. It gives me some reason to remain optimistic.

Archived