Daytime Emmys 2017 Discussions

YRfan23

• Members

The show itself was ok. Not terrible. I like Sheryl Underwood but she went way overboard on Mario. Geez, lady shut up! I don't know backstage stuff about daytime or the Emmys but it seemed like maybe votes got cancelled out or something which made the awards go to who they went to.  I adore Scott Clifton but I am not sure that award was his to win. Even he was shocked. 

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Looks like I missed nothing. Lots of awful winners. When I saw Burton won I didn't even bother following along and checked the rest just now in this thread.

I find the Talk incredibly boring. I know some find the View grating but it's far more entertaining. I dunno, they're both different enough now I guess. Some don't like politics, so there's the Talk for fluff.

• Members

She looks ridiculous next them both

Same! I remember thinking when watching the classic episode of Y&R they showed that Doug Davidson and the guy playing his father were near identical, they could have really been father and son. Casting today sucks for the most part, IMHO.

• Members

The Agnes Nixon tribute was nice (actually, it is worth a look if you can find it) and the opening was surprisingly decent and at least there was an In Memoriam (unlike last year) but it wasn't 'must see' or anything.

So, this is kind of weird but did each show have their own Red Carpet? LOL.

• Members

Peter Bergman was robbed.  This was not Scott Clifton's year.  

Pratt deserved the writing award.  No matter, he was the only one who crafted power house stories with beginnings, middle and ends for the vets. Say what you will about Jack's double/story, or Philly affair, both brought down the house with performances by all involved and the day to day writing was gripping.  Compared to Sally's drivel and it was shakespeare! 

Gina was the ONE!

Lexi was the best in that group

Supporting actor was a tough one. I'd have gone for Bryan Craig but Burton finally proved after nearly four years of phoning it in, that he can act.

GH directing is generally awesome, well deserved

Best show: none of them can achieve with the crazy budget/shooting restrictions. But GH looks the least tacky of any show.  The sets are still big and new ones are introduced. They take risks with the directing and costumes, casting.  The show still feels fresh.  Not to the standard of B&B's classy production values, but the best of the three hour long shows.  And Frank knows how to milk a climax.  

No wonder days was shut out.  That the producers and directors thought those climax scenes with John's father could garner directing and show (that episode was one of the two submitted by Albert Alaar for directing and show, yikes) Emmys indicates how out of touch those men are who run that show.  That sub plot was one of Griffith's low points.  

Archived