Daytime Emmys 2017 Discussions

YRfan23

• Members

I'll take it

Please register in order to view this content

It was funny that we got a shot of Stafford as Gina accepted. 

Meanwhile, Sheryl & Mario mentioned RuPaul in their opening monologue. RuPaul was a presenter in '97, back when it was taboo for Ellen to come out, and now Ru's more socially relevant than this. 

P.S. 3 Emmys later, and still no presenter knows how to pronounce "Tognoni"... 

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So Gray Bunny praises KSJ and gets a dismissive diss in return? Uh...ok.

Seriously. Both were so embarrassing. Maurice can't remember his lines on a good day, and I don't know WTF voters saw in Clifton's reel.

• Members

Alright watched the second half...

Susan Lucci looked sensational and the Agnes Nixon tribute was classy. We did not need to see Cameron Mathison in it. 

The B&B montage was crap - I wish it had been longer, used a different song and had a much wider range of appearances - it would have been nice to see Margo, Clarke, CJ, Jackie, Massimo, Sofia, Tony, Deacon and just way more classic clips of everyone. I understand wanting to use that kind of montage to promo what the show is now, but the classic stuff is what made B&B pop. There is so much they could have done.

Mary Hart went on and on and on. But I like Mary Hart, so that was fine with me. When ET dumped her after 29 years to replace her with a younger model in Nancy O'Dell, Mary took the highest of high roads and left with her dignity intact. Somewhere along the way it seems CBS realized they did wrong by her and in the intervening six years many a tribute has been paid to her. She deserved this lifetime achievement Emmy and her friends in the industry ensured that she got it. It will sit proudly in a display case in her ritzy Sierra Towers condo. 

The Memoriam was good - glad Joe Mascolo got the last shot. 

I was very happy for the ladies of The Talk. They seemed genuinely happy to win and their show is consistently enjoyable. Anjelica McDaniel was on her feet for their win. 

I'm sad Jess Walton didn't win because it would have been a wonderful 30th anniversary present for her but she has two and you couldn't say Gina had an undeserving reel. Michelle Stafford looked very happy for Gina's win. 

I like Scott Clifton. 32 is very young to have won the trifecta. 

I don't watch GH so can't comment on its worthiness. 

All in all, an abomination of an awards show. From Radio City Music Hall and network primetime to the Pasadena auditorium and online. The Daytime Emmys are like the daytime genre. 

Archived