Daytime Emmys 2017 Discussions

YRfan23

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A lil full circle moment for me, as the first time I ever watched Daytime Emmys was 20 years ago in '97, and they featured cast members of RENT singing the same song, with clips of all the shows interspersed, from GH to DAYS to GL to ATWT to Oprah to Regis & Kathie Lee to Montell and everyone in between. Nearly 16 million people watched.... and look where we're at now. 

I was hoping, with that "full circle" moment, that we'd see Jess Walton win Lead Actress again, as she did 20 years ago, but alas... 

• Members

She had stiff competition from Gina and Heather. I flove Finola but her acting has been so basic for so many years and NLG was just yelling through her whole reel. As for LW.....eh....never thought of her as this great actress when she was on GL.

• Members

Yeah, it would've been great to see Jess win too and I was hoping that Kristoff would be the trifecta actor but considering the sh*tty Daytime Emmy Awards ceremonies we had to sit through in the recent past, at least this one attempted to show some respect to the daytime dramas.

As much as we all criticize Michael Fairman for his pandering to soap actors and execs and his seeming failure to ask probing questions in interviews, if he was the one who made sure that soaps were better incorporated into the Emmys ceremony this year, then it's good on him.

Archived