April 10-14, 2017: B&B Hits New Low in Women 18-49 Viewers

Toups

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Soapsuds u are ridiculous with your b and b bashing. It makes millions in international.revenue..those ratings are still good higher then some other shows. Brad Bell has been there over 25 years hes not going anywhere. Oh Santa Barbata never had B and B ratings or was an international.smash.

• Members

To some of you - B&B and Santa Barbara and the situation is really similar in my opinion.  Santa Barbara was always very popular overseas, compared to their ratings in the U.S.  B&B has done well here, but the popularity here is going down the tubes, but it's still doing well overseas.  No one here though is going to continue to produce this show if the ratings in the U.S. go down the tubes.  We're not going to produce this show for airing overseas just because it's doing well elsewhere. 

Santa Barbara - and I never watched it, but here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Barbara_(TV_series

Of the soaps that aired here in the U.S. at the time, it was the "flashy" one.  B&B counts and depends on being flashy.  You might want to see what Santa Barbara did overseas and it still bit it.

I do have beef with B&B to be honest - because Capitol was always sandwiched between ATWT and Guiding Light.  B&B has always followed either Y&R or Local News in some markets.  B&B has been given awesome fabulous Lead-In ratings since their beginning...and they lost lead-in ratings unlike any show ever.  If it had been a Primetime show - it would have been cancelled or moved to another timeslot given what lead-in they have ALWAYS lost.  B&B has been EXTREMELY fortunate over the years, given their older skewing Demos from the beginning.  So I guess good for them.  But it's comin' to roost now. 

• Administrator

I'm not worried about B&B - everyone's demos are going lower and lower.  It will at least air for another 5 years on CBS.  But once CBS cancels the show, Brad Bell will move it somewhere else. 

• Members

They(CBS) screwed ATWT by moving it. I am sure CBS knew none of the soaps were fairing well at the 2:30 timeslot so they moved ATWT thirty minutes later. Although it didn't hurt ATWT but didn't improve B&B numbers which debut to low numbers to its canceled replacement Capitol.

• Members

I had no idea Brad Bell had so much money.  To pay actors, actresses and and entire company of production, hair, makeup, etc....for them not to air in the United States but just keep the ship going to air overseas.  I didn't know they had that much money.  Interesting.  When CBS is done with this show, the show will be done. 

Archived