2017 British Soap Awards

• Members

The full longlist follows below:

Best Actor

William Roache (Ken Barlow, Coronation Street)

Jack P Shepherd (David Platt, Coronation Street)

Simon Gregson (Steve McDonald, Coronation Street)

Chris Walker (Rob Hollins, Doctors)

Owen Brenman (Dr. Heston Carter, Doctors)

Ashley Rice (Dr. Sid Vere, Doctors)

Davood Ghadami (Kush Kazemi, EastEnders)

Scott Maslen (Jack Branning, EastEnders)

Danny Dyer (Mick Carter, EastEnders)

John Middleton (Ashley Thomas, Emmerdale)

Matthew Wolfenden (David Metcalfe, Emmerdale)

Danny Miller (Aaron Dingle, Emmerdale)

Gregory Finnegan (James Nightingale, Hollyoaks)

Jamie Lomas (Warren Fox, Hollyoaks)

Ben Ryan Davies (Nick Savage, Hollyoaks)

Best Actress:

Jane Danson (Leanne Battersby, Coronation Street)

Kym Marsh (Michelle Connor, Coronation Street)

Lucy Fallon (Bethany Platt, Coronation Street)

Lorna Laidlaw (Mrs Tembe, Doctors)

Bharti Patel (Ruhma Hanif, Doctors)

Laura Rollins (Ayesha Lee, Doctors)

June Brown (Dot Branning, EastEnders)

Lacey Turner (Stacey Fowler, EastEnders)

Diane Parish (Denise Fox, EastEnders)

Rachel Adedeji (Lisa Loveday, Hollyoaks)

Anna Passey (Siena Blake, Hollyoaks)

Jessica Fox (Nancy Osborne, Hollyoaks)

Zoe Henry (Rhona Goskirk, Emmerdale)

Natalie J Robb (Moira Dingle, Emmerdale)

Charlotte Bellamy (Laurel Thomas, Emmerdale)

Best British Soap:

Coronation Street

Doctors

EastEnders

Emmerdale

Hollyoaks

Voting takes place here: http://www.britishsoapawards.tv

The ceremony will take place at The Lowry in Manchester on Saturday June 3, 2017.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think that Kym Marsh and Diane Parrish are strong competitors in the Best Actress category too, but I agree that if Charlotte doesn't win then something is wrong. 

I am praying that John wins and they don't give it to Danny Miller for the 1000th time. Aaron slings the usual boogers and tears and they wanna give it to him. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Oh please no! Not Danny Miller.... 

Please register in order to view this content

Yes, he did some fine stuff during Aaron's coming out story, but since then it has all gone downhill. Like with Debbie all his stories seem to revolve around him being miserable, and it's exhausting to watch. Maybe I'm a bit biased because of my (probably very well-known) feelings towards the Dingle family, but, again just like with Debbie, I cannot muster any sympathy for Aaron. And while part of that can be attributed to my anti-Dingle sentiment, part of the blame must go to Danny Miller. He, much like Charley Webb, just cannot make me feel anything other than boredom towards their characters.

• Members

Sadly I'd say John Middleton has no real chance (at best he might make the shortlist but I'm not expecting it). I also think Charlotte Bellamy will lose out to abrasive "actress" Kym Marsh, who got hyped for managing to act for about 3 days out of 10 years in the role. 

I noticed that when Digital Spy put up the names, first I didn't even see the Emmerdale actresses (maybe I just missed it) and they also had big photos of Danny Dyer and Kym Marsh under the names. Maybe they just wanted clicks but if that was any attempt to influence votes, how tacky. 

I'll be voting John, Charlotte, Emmerdale. If I can vote.

I think Danny Miller's a very good actor but the prison stuff was terribly done and they have cashed out on too much misery for Aaron. 

I think Jack P Shepherd will win.

• Members

@DRW50, if John Middleton doesn't win then it'll be a travesty b/c he was the BEST actor in all the UK soaps this past year. 

I totally forgot about Jack P Shepherd and his scenes when Kylie was killed. I'm beginning to think that Scott Maslen might be a dark horse too over his scenes with Ronnie's death. You know how rabid Ronnie & Jack fans are. They might be their last hoorah to get him on the shortlist too. 

I wouldn't mind Matt Wolfenden getting some shine too as he played David's cancer story quite well too.  

• Members

He's not a piece of ass and that tends to get votes. I hope he will at least win Dramatic Performance but not expecting anything. 

Scott Maslen has won a few before...I guess it depends on whether that fanbase is there now. 

• Members

I don't mind it if the panel balances it, but they rarely do. A few years ago they gave Kellie Bright a dramatic performance award when it was obvious she would win the popular award. She deserved neither. After the "Stax" reveal in 2007 they did the same with Jo Joyner, who was also undeserving, and beat out Charlotte Bellamy, which still bothers me. I just know that Kym Marsh, who is most suited to a women's prison film, will beat Charlotte out to some of these awards. Or Lacey Turner, who I like, but wins every year.

• Members

Please don't put that out in the stratosphere (re: Lacey Turner). I am so sick of her racking up on wins for mediocre material. 

I utterly find it appalling how actresses like Charlotte [Bellamy], Diane [Parish], and Natalie [J. Robb] stay getting overlooked when they possess true leading actress qualities. 

With many soap awards, I with that they'd do a hybrid of the Daytime Emmys/British Soap Awards and Soap Opera Digest Awards. Do panel based categories & some superlative categories for the fans to vote on. I wish the BSA would do lead & supporting categories as a lot of good supporting characters on soaps get overlooked.

Archived