Y&R: Cane and Lily's twins Soras'd to teens

• Members

Every woman on soaps seems to be dying for kids even before their marriages (which are also way too rushed) at such a young age, the writers need to take a break. 

The Newmans alone have enough children to repopulate a small town while the Abbotts seem to be drying up unless Kyle decides to start screwing  cross-country....

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's called anchor our new pet to the canvas with a baby. There was no need for Chelsea to have birthed an abbot and a Newman heir in her first 2 years. And no need for Sage to have birthed a Newman heir in her first year. Only reason is relevance. 

• Members

Karla looks young as well. Either way, I don't think the show is going to recast Lily. They'll play this for a while. And when it fails, they'll send those kids off to college. 

And I knew that trans story would end her on Bold. 

• Members

All these damn valley girls. Dru is dry heaving under that waterfall.

CK would be justifiably pissed to be playing mother to teenagers at the ripe old age of 29. It's strange, other characters they insist on keeping young (Sharon is having the same time of scenes she had with Cassie 20 years later) but others they age up. I wonder who sat down and decided SHE should now be the mother of two teenagers, she's not only young but she reads so young, she sounds like a teenager and carries herself like she's barely 20.

As for boy twin being dark than girl twint, that happens but the colorism implications are unfortunate and very real. I maintain Davetta was fired for being too dark and too "black". Lily is basically a white girl with a tan as playing by Khalil.

• Members

I always said that WJB should've been the one to decide back in 1973 that SORASing was just too stupid to be real and that none of his creations would practice it. It boggles the mind that no EP or HW of any soap at any point decided to make that executive decision. It literally serves no purpose.

Barring the age of the actress playing the mother, this SORASing is on par with Lily's own SORASing when CK debuted in the role. Also when JM began playing Nick in '94. SORAS has never made any sense whatsoever. This is nothing new.

• Members

Yes and it's beyond tired now. Especially since in 2017 folks are not getting married like they used to and for and they're are plenty childless women in their 20s. Young women on soaps aren't going to school and creating a career they're just focused on marriage and kids.

Exactly I know twins who are two different shades but this is clearly colorism. They couldn't find two biriacial actors that looked like they could be related? Hell this girl doesn't even look like Lily or Cane. This is diversity without actually having to be diverse.

Nothing good has come out of SORAS in over a decade

• Members

Every WOC on this show, regardless of age, has been pushed into the spot that Dru left. Even that young baby faced Julia Pace Mitchell. As soon as Dru died, they started giving Lily stories more suited for her. Cancer and a hysterectomy at 21? That's a story for a 45 year old. Babies with an older man. They stole her 20s. 

Now she's in story with Billy and Vikki. So, naturally, their kids will date and get into trouble. However, they look over the fact that Lily, nor the actress playing, her should be in that group. 

Archived