Y&R: Cane and Lily's twins Soras'd to teens

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Young part needs to be built by actually giving storylines to the young adults. Not bringing on a bunch of teens sorased for no reason to prance around and act like young adults

And this Halfrican Queen doesnt even have credits on her IMDb page. Can anyone find an acting reel?

https://twitter.com/lexiestvnsn

He has one credit so I guess Y&R sumer is gonna be acting boot camp

• Members

While I believe that the current ChuckPratt-ed storylines result from CBS/network mandate, this casting news goes on to show that the writers have no clue whatsoever how to write a compelling soap opera.

The news also prove that no, the writers are not simply "waiting 6 months" to purge the cast as per Marland's rules. They just have no clue.

• Members

So pointless. So stupid. 

Lily's kids did not need to be SORASed yet. 

If Y&R/Sally were smart, they would've used this moment to use Reed as a catalyst to introduce new, dynamic teen characters much like they did with Billy back in '99 which led  to Mackenzie, Brittany, Rianna, Raul, and JT. This was the perfect chance to try and recapture that. 

I have a grave feeling that this is gonna be like DAYS when they aged Ciara and the rest of the kids of Salem too soon. 

• Members

Thank you!  I don't know why folks keep through Marland into these things. Don't blame Marland for this sh*t!

Please register in order to view this content

On social media, people are asking if they're going to SORAS Moses, like, is Moses even on the damn show?!  Aging him won't change anything. We don't even know where Moses is!

Y&R could've brought back the character of Ana, Devon's little sister who would probably be the same age as Reed. That could've had some storyline possibilities especially if she would've run into Hillary.  

Maybe Hillary could've decided that she actually likes Ana, which causes slight suspicion with Devon and of course, another thing that Lily would hate as she things that Hillary will corrupt Ana and suspects that Hillary is trying to use Ana to get back with Devon (or something).

There are other storylines to build from previously discarded characters, if they'd only use their imaginations!

* I know some didn't care for the actress who played Ana but they could recast with someone who looks like the previous actress (who I thought was cute as a button).  Jamia Simone Nash's voice has matured though, she sounds great now, IMO- just don't know if she's much of an actor.

• Members

Plus Ana works in this music story they have going with Devon. 

But you know what, if young Charles Ashby is ever going to get a pairing, it will probably be Ana. I can't imagine the Y&R I've known to have him with any of the legacy white girls. Charlie and Maddie will be played about the same as Lily and Devon's first 10 years.

If not Ana then it'll be a teen niece or sister of Hilary's to push Lily vs Hilary as if they both are middle-aged matriarchs. Lets hope it's not a child Hilary had at 12. 

• Members

The young part in the 80's were Cricket, Danny, Nina, Phillip...etc..none were teens....well maybe Nina was considered that.....and of course the restless was everybody else......since it first premiered the young didn't mean teens until previous writers and now Sally have thought that.

Archived