Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dragonflies

Sling TV thread

33 posts in this topic

As I said, I have Sling TV (Orange) with the Cloud DVR and I absolutely love it. Plenty of storage and no physical DVR to clutter things up!

1 hour ago, Wendy said:

As I said, I have Sling TV (Orange) with the Cloud DVR and I absolutely love it. Plenty of storage and no physical DVR to clutter things up!

and no extra taxes and charges for equipment. I have the orange and blue and the cost is still great. The only downside is you can't record channels like freeform or Disney but they do have shows on those channels on the on demand section

I hesitantly subscribed to Orange (I think) and I haven't looked back since! Really useful for someone who does watch some TV but might go a week without turning it on. And it helps me get access to the cable shows I can't find anywhere else legally as they air. 

So that link you posted is where you get the Cloud DVR? How much is it? 

Cloud DVR is an extra $5 a month. Sign in to the Sling TV site and your account and you can add it.

1 hour ago, YRBB said:

I hesitantly subscribed to Orange (I think) and I haven't looked back since! Really useful for someone who does watch some TV but might go a week without turning it on. And it helps me get access to the cable shows I can't find anywhere else legally as they air. 

So that link you posted is where you get the Cloud DVR? How much is it? 

Like Wendy said the DVR is $5 a month, you sign into your account and then click on "change subscription" and then you'll see "Orange & blue extras"(or whatever you subscribe too) click on the arrow beside that and then look for DVR and add it.

It's not the link I posted just to let you know :)

Edited by dragonflies

Thanks to you both, but it doesn't seem it's available yet for me. The beta program is full or something. I hope they roll it out officially soon, I could use this.

What do you use for Sling? they just added it for Roku. I know some devices it's not available. If you have a fire stick or device you can add it with that, then use it on your roku device.

The 4 extras for $10 a month is a helluva deal. More channels for less money, love it! Now I have LOGO

3 hours ago, dragonflies said:

What do you use for Sling? they just added it for Roku. I know some devices it's not available. If you have a fire stick or device you can add it with that, then use it on your roku device.

The 4 extras for $10 a month is a helluva deal. More channels for less money, love it! Now I have LOGO

I have Roku. Just checked and it's finally there! Yay!

17 minutes ago, YRBB said:

I have Roku. Just checked and it's finally there! Yay!

I loved my Roku. I still have it but went back to cable. I've heard nothing but negative stuff about Sling though.

Just an FYI there are channel's that aren't able to be recorded, like Disney and Freeform. It's not Sling's doing, it's how the network sets things up

Just now, Soapsuds said:

I loved my Roku. I still have it but went back to cable. I've heard nothing but negative stuff about Sling though.

I haven't, I've only read good things about it.

Ron you are nuts to go back to cable. I've yet to read anything good about any cable companies, they are doing nothing but raising prices

Yeah, same here, I've only ever heard praise for Sling, and it's all I can offer too. It's not perfect but they're working on it. I would never do cable at this point.

I saw that some channels aren't available for DVR yet but it sounds as if they're negotiating. I'm looking forward to being able to access the DVR from the laptop.

I can see those 50 hours are gonna go by fast! lmao lol 

Can you fast forward ads on the DVR?

4 minutes ago, dragonflies said:

Just an FYI there are channel's that aren't able to be recorded, like Disney and Freeform. It's not Sling's doing, it's how the network sets things up

I haven't, I've only read good things about it.

Ron you are nuts to go back to cable. I've yet to read anything good about any cable companies, they are doing nothing but raising prices

I know I hate my cable....I should have stayed with DirectTv. I might go back to them. The only good thing about cable is that I get ME-TV.

Yeah I think on some channels you can. Sling is still working on things to improve, no service is perfect, but Sling's price sure is lol

54 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

I know I hate my cable....I should have stayed with DirectTv. I might go back to them. The only good thing about cable is that I get ME-TV.

I get ME-TV as part of my traditional antenna system. It's one of the NBC affiliate channels.