B&B - April 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

A great post with a lot of great ideas. Unfortunately, Bradley Bell isn't capable of writing material that doesn't involve adultery or sleeping with the same person over and over again.

Ronn Moss may be the worst actor in daytime history but he is Ridge. TK is NOT Ridge and never will be and his acting is just as bad.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But Brooke wasn't always a slut. For the first decade or more she was written much better than that. It was when Brad Bell deteriorated as a writer that the writing for Brooke became worse by the year (just like it did for everyone else).

He had the perfect opportunity to transition Brooke into a more matriarchal position when Amber joined the show. It was so obvious that she was poised to be the next Brooke on the canvas.

I also wish that Brad hadn't been so quick to end the Brooke/Thorne romance. It could have made for such great storyline with Thorne going up against Ridge for power at FC and having Brooke as support would have given him a much stronger position.

Oh, the wasted opportunities.....  

• Members

The thing ishe almos did that. I saw change with Brooke prior to Stephanie dying and it seemed that she was going to be the matriarch. Stephanie even approved and sanctioned it. However then Bell went and hooked her up with Bill, throwing away all that character development away. With that she lost any credibility

I still say getting rid of Hunter Tylo hurt Brooke's character. Brooke vs Stephanie may have been the first feud but Brooke vs Taylor was definitely more entertaining and did wonders for both characters as the actresses' had chemistry and gave each other's characters plenty of material to play off of. I loved seeing it reignited after Stephanie died but then Bell got rid of her and Brooke's been boring since

• Members

I love this post. 

Brad was so short-sighted when it came to Brooke. So much wasted potential.

Before she left, Brooke was almost Brad's sex dream. Once she came back from Italy, she was reduced to a B-character, basically the last wheel in every story. I guess the same can be said for Bill in the last few years. But I mean, it speaks volumes that Brooke is the only character who has not had a portrait of herself hanging in the Forrester mansion LOL...

• Members

I agree with most of the above statements about Brooke. I personally thought they nearly destroyed her with the Deacon thing. It SHOULD have, in my opinion, been a turning point. She behaved briefly after that, staying in Stephanie's guest house, trying to focus on Hope and being a new mom. Then they had her go after Ridge yet again, followed by more of her slipping into the same man crazed behavior. I also thought the rape storyline, where KKL finally got a chance to show some acting ability past the usual, could have been a nice chance to grow the character. Nope. 

It's annoying to see how many things Brad Bell ruined with that character. Watching the very first 1987 episodes, Brooke was a loving sister. Cut the 2000s and the Logans are all self serving to some extent. Switching men, crying about betrayal constantly.  Brooke was, at one time, a character you could at least believe cares about her children's best interests. Cut to the Deacon mess and they ruined that.  This all MIGHT make sense if they portrayed her as a woman corrupted by money, power and fame, but that's never been written in. The Forresters are certainly spoiled and largely selfish, so it would make sense  for Brooke to end up that way. I just wish they would acknowledge it as part of the story. 

The drunk story might have worked for me, but they had to drag Deacon back into it. It just made Brooke look even worse. It's like all roads lead back to her being man crazed. 

• Members

So we are suppose to buy this break up by Thomas and Sally? We are suppose to care? Why? They have this great love for each other??

Coco Puffs and RJ....

Patrika Darbo...  She is a hoot!

Pierson Fode get some acting lessons fast!!  You need them!!

• Members

Tally have known each other for 10 friggin weeks! Dumb-as 'I fell in love first' Ugh. 

RJ continuing to channel Eric - it's perverse they are having a 15 yo channel this wise and sage advice. And when did they start home schooling him?

PD's delivery is awesome. I love how she gave it to CoCoPuffs. 

Archived