Cheap21

B&B - April 2017 Discussion Thread

191 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, DeeeDee said:

 

He was conceived & born during that weird period in B&B history when the show was trying to introduce new families after the Marone clan failed.

Ah ok....that was Jack Wagner and Co. time. That was pretty bad too....that's probably why I forgot....might have even stopped watching during that time...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

Ah ok....that was Jack Wagner and Co. time. That was pretty bad too....that's probably why I forgot....might have even stopped watching during that time...

 

It was a really weird time. That was around the same time Amber was seducing Thomas & B&B was trying to build a family around Lorenzo Lamas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DeeeDee said:

 

It was a really weird time. That was around the same time Amber was seducing Thomas & B&B was trying to build a family around Lorenzo Lamas

 I remember Lorenzo Lamas on the show....LOL.  Gawd B&B has been bad for some time now. How I miss the 80s where this soap is concerned. Once Bradley Bell took over from his dad this soap went to the shits.

Edited by Soapsuds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

 I remember Lorenzo Lamas on the show....LOL.  

 

With Sydney Penny as his ex-fiancee and Mario Lopez as his brother.

 

It was horrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeeeDee said:

 

With Sydney Penny as his ex-fiancee and Mario Lopez as his brother.

 

It was horrible.

Yes, I remember. I never cared for Mario as an actor or person. He wanted to date Tiffany Amber Thiessen and be her bf....once he got that from her....he cheated on her and he got caught by Tiffany.

Edited by Soapsuds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2017 at 5:23 PM, DeeeDee said:

 

It was a really weird time. That was around the same time Amber was seducing Thomas & B&B was trying to build a family around Lorenzo Lamas

 

This sounds just awful! Obviously happened during one of my many years-long hiatus! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, edgeofnik said:

 

This sounds just awful! Obviously happened during one of my many years-long hiatus! 

I didn't watch for about 10 years....I had no idea Lorenzo Lamas, Antonio Sabato, or Mario Lopez were ever on the show.  Or Sydney Penny???  I remember tuning in a few times when Jack Wagner was on but I had no clue as to who anyone was.  I missed all of the Deacon, Amber, etc. stuff.  I don't even remember - was she a character on Y&R or B&B first?  What about Deacon....was he originally Y&R or B&B or did one follow the other to/from one or the other show.   I wasn't watching but I have no clue about any of it...the crossovers, etc. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

B&B brought Lamas, Sabato, Lopez and Penny on when the Marone clan (Jack Wagner included) failed.

 

Brad spent the previous 3 years building the Marones up and when finally accepted they clearly weren't gonna work he began throwing everything at the wall (literally) to see what would stick.

 

Amber & Deacon were both original B&B characters who both crossed over to Y&R before returning to B&B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DeeeDee said:

B&B brought Lamas, Sabato, Lopez and Penny on when the Marone clan (Jack Wagner included) failed.

 

That's not entirely true. The first Marone to be introduced was Massimo (Joe Mascolo) in late 2001. Lesley-Anne Down's Jackie and Jack Wagner's Nick appeared in the spring of 2003, with Brian Gaskill's Oscar Marone following in August/September 2003. Sydney Penny joined the show at the same time in the role of Samantha Kelly. At first Samantha was supposed to be a love interest for Ridge.

 

Lorenzo Lamas's Hector Ramirez and his daughter Caitlin (played by Kayla Ewell) joined half a year later, in February 2004. Caitlin turned out to be Samantha's daughter. Linda Gray played Samantha's mother Priscilla Kelly in a recurring capacity. She was against a reunion of Hector and Samantha, but they found together nevertheless and formed a happy family. Caitlin was Thomas's (then played by Drew Tyler Bell) girlfriend until Thomas and Amber grew closer.

 

Antonio Sabato's Dante Damiano was introduced in early 2005 and was mostly featured in a triangle involving Felicia and Bridget.

 

Ewell and Penny departed in the summer of 2005. Their characters moved back to New York. Lorenzo Lamas stayed until October 2006 (Hector had a brief fling with Taylor) and was dropped around the same time as Antonio Sabato. Both characters disappeared without a trace.

 

Mario Lopez was introduced in early 2006 as Hector's brother Christian and was on contract for maybe 2 months. He was Felicia's doctor, but served no real purpose.

 

The Marones (Massimo, Nick and Jackie) were still part of the cast at that time. Massimo left in July 2006, and Nick and Jackie remained until 2012.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Huntress said:

 

That's not entirely true. The first Marone to be introduced was Massimo (Joe Mascolo) in late 2001. Lesley-Anne Down's Jackie and Jack Wagner's Nick appeared in the spring of 2003, with Brian Gaskill's Oscar Marone following in August/September 2003. Sydney Penny joined the show at the same time in the role of Samantha Kelly. At first Samantha was supposed to be a love interest for Ridge.

 

Lorenzo Lamas's Hector Ramirez and his daughter Caitlin (played by Kayla Ewell) joined half a year later, in February 2004. Caitlin turned out to be Samantha's daughter. Linda Gray played Samantha's mother Priscilla Kelly in a recurring capacity. She was against a reunion of Hector and Samantha, but they found together nevertheless and formed a happy family. Caitlin was Thomas's (then played by Drew Tyler Bell) girlfriend until Thomas and Amber grew closer.

 

Antonio Sabato's Dante Damiano was introduced in early 2005 and was mostly featured in a triangle involving Felicia and Bridget.

 

Ewell and Penny departed in the summer of 2005. Their characters moved back to New York. Lorenzo Lamas stayed until October 2006 (Hector had a brief fling with Taylor) and was dropped around the same time as Antonio Sabato. Both characters disappeared without a trace.

 

Mario Lopez was introduced in early 2006 as Hector's brother Christian and was on contract for maybe 2 months. He was Felicia's doctor, but served no real purpose.

 

The Marones (Massimo, Nick and Jackie) were still part of the cast at that time. Massimo left in July 2006, and Nick and Jackie remained until 2012.

 

Thank you for the recap. I knew something was not adding up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Marones were done as a force by 05. Sure Nick & Jackie stuck around but more as supporting characters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.