B&B - April 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So all we got of $Brill was a sibling-like hug?

BTW - the repetitive dialogue that's starting now is: "We were wrong about Quinn," "She REALLY loves Eric," "I've never seen Eric so happy!" etc. Not unlike the 'woman' and 'honest' dialogue that surrounded Myron the weeks after the reveal or basically any other story that allows for characters to say the exact opposite of reality. Brad really believes that by lulling all the characters into 'opposite-land' and having us hear it again and again, it will somehow make the revelation to these characters SHOCKING! 

And today Widge said he never planned on hurting anyone. Really? As I recall, he said - multiple times, of course, that he was willing to lose Eric if it meant getting rid of Quinn at any cost, etc. And pathetic at Brooke turning on the watergushers with Widge on his knee. Yuk.

• Members

Katie needed to get off her sanctimonious high horse. Its one thing for Brooke to read Quinn, but her? This is NONE of her business. She has some nerve  with that rant over Quinn kissing her husband's son when she f--ked her nieces's husband and got pregnant. These Logan women really need to stop reading someone for inappropriately messing with a loved one's family member

• Members

Interesting because Katie and the Spectras are about the only thing I've been able to watch.  Quinn needs to die.  I said about a year ago - why don't they give Katie some kind of backbone...HT is the best actress on the show.  Today I laughed as she pushed Quinn around a little bit...and QUINN DIDN'T KILL HER AND DRAG HER OFF TO DIE!!!  FINALLY please let the character of Quinn stop EATING the show.  Someone isn't being manipulated by the character of Quinn.  Quinn - not standing up for Eric.  Ridge, not standing up for Eric.  Brooke, keeping a secret that doesn't need to be kept - betraying Eric.  It's Katie's business because at least they did really make an effort to build a little bit of a friendship between Katie and Eric.  She's really the ONLY one on this show who hasn't hoodwinked or betrayed Eric, so this is ONE thing that has made sense to me.  And instead of it being so completely overt - I loved how the writing....had Katie say something like...I'll take a whole pot of tea....Chamomile...or Mint.  Maybe the Mint.  I'll take a POT of MINT tea...so that maybe we and Eric can share some later if he would like some.  

To me, that part was perfect.....already cutting Quinn off at the pass for the poison she would put in any cup of tea she "made" for Katie.  Maybe I'm reading too much into the writing, but I caught that right away.  Headed *itch off at the pass.  Make a whole pot so we can all SHARE it.  LOL. 

• Members

RJ to CocoPuffs: All the Forrester men are romantic.. Is RJ unaware that he is not a Forrester? Ironically, he mentioned Zende, who also is not a bio Forrester. 

The Katie thing is beyond weird. Her venom towards Quinn is so misplaced - Quinn has basically done nothing to her, except rip her when she was lurking around and KISSING Eric. But I guess, we're supposed to forget that, too. I still like an assertive Katie, but they need to channel that in another way - like in business or the inevitable $Brill reunion. 

• Members

Once he falls in love with a story it becomes repeat time!  He did it with Liam/Steffy/Wyatt and look what happened. The wedding was a big bust ratings wise. So much build up for Steffy and Liam that ended in nothing. It appears now that Quinn and Faux Ridge is his new obsession with Katie playing the role of Brooke. Cause she is more pissed off than Brooke...LOL

I am just enjoying Bradley Bell self destructing his parents show. The ratings are finally reflecting that.

• Members

I don't see it that way.  It's not been executed great, but they did at least spend a little time on Eric and Katie's friendship.  She has been on the show since the beginning (the character, not the actress) - but it's not unusual to me at all that Katie would feel protective of Eric - he should seem like a father figure to her, but they'll probably eventually go the romance route (ew).  What they should be playing is Katie calling Quinn out on the fact she has a habit of going after the Man and then his Son.  Katie would have sympathy for Liam - he's Bill's Son.  Kidnap Liam, maniputlate, and try and steal his life for her son?   And Quinn had Bill, then did the redux again, selfie pic in bed with him, tried to wreck Brooke's life -  then decided she had to have a piece of Liam.  Now Quinn has Eric but wants a piece of his son.  It hasn't been executed well but her venom toward Quinn isn't weird to me at all. 

• Members

Your last sentence says it all: The execution has been horrible. How many scenes did Eric/Katie share alone before she suddenly started dropping by after Queric? How many times did Katie seek Eric's advice when Brooke was 'opening her heart' to $B? How often did Katie seek Eric's counsel when it came to business? How many times did Katie stop by to stop Eric from marrying Quinn? I could go on and on. 

If anything, Katie should be blackmailing Widge, who treated her sister like crap (after breaking up $Brill, which meant she lost her marriage for nothing), dumped Katie for his 'muse' Caroline II, the fertility doctor, etc. Widge is the ONE who betrayed her 'dear friend' Eric. 

• Members

Well you stopped short.  I said it hasn't been executed well but her venom toward Quinn isn't weird to me at all.  And it's not to me. And it shouldn't be to most people that have remotely paid attention.  I still wish Capitol was on, because this show has always been terrible.  BUT - How many scenes did Quinn share with the rest of the characters before she just goes nuts and gets away with it?  I could also go on and on.  You said:  "How often did Katie seek Eric's counsel when it came to business."  What does any of this storyline have to do with business???  The few minutes I watch per week - I've seen at least SOME kind of interaction between Katie and Eric/friendship.  That's enough to be of concern for Katie -

• Members

You mentioned how Katie has had Eric in her life since basically the beginning of the show, but honestly the interaction has only been since Queric started. Quinn referenced Katie running FC (and an offer to come back), that's why I brought up the business counsel angle. Again, B&B is awful when it comes to history and consistency. It's totally mindless, eye candy and, frankly, compared to what a flipping bore Y&R has become under this regime, I'm OK with it! Plus, when you have HT/RS, the scenes are going to be good so I don't mind.

• Members

I have to agree with that....I've actually been tuning in for about 5 minutes a day to B&B the past 2 weeks....I had been down to skipping most of it daily and watching the last half of The Chew.  Even if you don't see it onscreen, I at least think - well - Eric was Katie's brother-in-law for the time her slut sister was married to him.  So I get they must have history and they're basically family. 

Archived