YRBB

Y&R: April 2017 Discussion Thread

597 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ajsp35801 said:

 

Demos are so far in the tanker. I feel bad for the actors on this show. 

 

Most of them keep paying lip service to each regime in hopes of increased airtime/story so it's difficult to feel too sorry for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, DeeeDee said:

 

Most of them keep paying lip service to each regime in hopes of increased airtime/story so it's difficult to feel too sorry for them.

 

They must play the game or be punished. We know how this works. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, ajsp35801 said:

 

We know how this works. 

 

We also know who gets punished and who doesn't for speaking out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ajsp35801 said:

 

Demos are so far in the tanker. I feel bad for the actors on this show. 

 

Then you must REALLY feel bad for the actors on the other soaps, since their demos are even worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I quit watching again, did I read correctly that the latest, zany misunderstanding is that Billy believes that Nikki's MS has flared up - meaning he can't tell Victoria about Phyllis? If so, it's not only bad soap cliche, but it's truly offensive to those who actually live with the illness (I have a close family member with it).  Gosh, Chloe/Bella + Billy + Phyllis would've generated some real sparks - I'd love to have seen GT/EH sparring! GT/AH - that's not worthy of anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ranger1rg said:

 

Then you must REALLY feel bad for the actors on the other soaps, since their demos are even worse.

 

Days and GH...yes, I do. I fear the cancellation of Days every time rstings come out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ajsp35801 said:

 

Days and GH...yes, I do. I fear the cancellation of Days every time rstings come out 

 

Honestly if streaming, which we don't get or delayed viewing, which we only see in season to date ratings comes anywhere near what's happened to networks and cable, soaps will be fine - especially streaming because it drives traffic to the networks' web site 250+ days a year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, edgeofnik said:

 

Honestly if streaming, which we don't get or delayed viewing, which we only see in season to date ratings comes anywhere near what's happened to networks and cable, soaps will be fine - especially streaming because it drives traffic to the networks' web site 250+ days a year. 

 

I hope you're right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2017 at 5:52 PM, DeeeDee said:

 

+1. Single Sharon has been really refreshing & it would be nice for her to have a platonic male friend to confide in (which she hasn't really had since Tony).

 

But soaps of this era don't do male/female friendships (unless they eventually end with the characters sleeping together) which is a shame because Sharon (and Nick) both need a LONG break from relationships.

 

This is all so true!

 

I have to admit I deleted the last few episodes I had on the DVR ... meh

 

And not to do with DeeeDee's post but in the ratings talk, which I didn't see all of ... Y&R and B&B are in no way in any danger of going anytime soon. Not when each day Y&R and B&B can pull in 4-2 million viewers each. I know demo is important but they're in no way in jeopardy IMHO. I don't even think DAYS and GH are in that much jeopardy anymore either. It could happen tomorrow or years from now, that's just how it is.

Edited by KMan101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think networks tripping off of demos is why soaps in the States are in the position they're in now....on top of bad writing and storytelling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Roman said:

I think networks tripping off of demos is why soaps in the States are in the position they're in now....on top of bad writing and storytelling. 

 

Networks only trip cause advertisers trip. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.