Y&R: April 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

IA, it wasn't a bad show.  And you're right - Chelsea/Nick was the low point.  Snoozeville.

I think Top of the Tower is in the Newman building, not GCAC.  But I could be wrong...

The bathroom scene was pretty good.  It worked. 

The actress playing Juliet oozes sex IMO.  They need to take advantage of that and get her the [!@#$%^&*] away from Cane.  Unless it results in his running away to Australia.  Then I'm down.  It would be so much more watchable if they had Cane/Juliet just fuckin. 

Jack/Nikki is definitely more interesting than him and Gloria.  Speaking of which, they have lessened her time on screen lately from what I can tell... another BTS change from the "new" writers??

• Members

They didn't need to call strangers. Did they even call John Driscoll ( Chance), or the last person who played MAC? I bet they didn't, because they didn't even ask Thom who played Phillip Chancellor for many years and was very close to JC. He loved Jeanne and wanted to come, but he handled the fact he wasn't invited with class in responding to his fans.

Thom Bierdz II September 3, 2013to the dozens of people private messaging me: no, Y&R did not invite my character back for Kay's funeral. They probably want to focus on the current storylines, but I sure do wish they'd do a gay storyline. My hope is in a couple months Phillip appears and the entire Chancellor estate is somehow really his because he is the only son to Phillip Chancellor II. Then Phillip has a love triangle with Victor and Deacon. [In real life though, Jeanne was a dear dear soul who touched so many. I was able to share my feelings in Soap Opera Digest last week. I loved her deeply.]

• Members

Well I just suggested Chancellor as it makes the most sense (regardless what a few others think). Anything to cause this show conflict is good. 

Neil/Devon building their own company is not gonna create conflict. I doubt it'll even last a year. Chancellor Industries, on the other hand, is a mainstay on the show, hence why I suggested it. But whatever. 

• Members

Who are these "folks?"

Notice how it was SO WRONG that Chancellor go to Victor after Katherine's death but Katherine's money staying IN HER FAMILY was also wrong. 

One guess as to why.

They were literally married for three months a couple of years ago.

It's pointless to revisit the pairing since they have no chemistry & Y&R will never let her be free of Victor.

You're totally right about Neil & Devon's company not lasting a year & almost every "new" story this regime has attempted has been a huge failure so far.

And it's not as if Neil & Jill don't have a great dynamic. Them running CI together would work really well since Y&R has no desire to feature Jess more than a couple times (at most) a month.

I've said for years that it isn't a matter of either/or when it comes to the Chancellors & CI which is exactly how Katherine always lived her life.

• Members

I was so bored with the episode that I took a nap and missed the big scene. I could have DVR it but didn't see the point since the episode at that point was boring just like the rest.

Revisiting Jack and Nikki is a nice touch to history but they never had it as a couple.

• Members

Kay giving Victor CI was just stupid. It made no sense. She gives his family the company over her own? I didn't see viewers thinking that was a good idea. Victor, like Tucker, didn't really want it, they want their own name on the company the built, solo, they don't want to share billing w/Chancellor.........................................

But the new writers came in & fixed it and made it possible for Jill to purchase it from Victor.  And after Kay's letter/ring moment, I'm actually happy that Jill bought CI for herself rather than getting it as handout from Kay, since she was such a bitch about the ring.

Katherine was no saint, she was even selfish after becoming the Grand dame, her philosophy on either/or doesn't matter now, she's dead. So she doesn't get force everyone to do things her way anymore. IMO She didn't do the right thing in the end for those Phillip's. That's why I'm hoping Jill can. Meaning get at least one of those boys back and mentor him in his father/grandfather company. Katherine took away the chance for them to ever know him, but they can still live in his home and run the company he founded. But I know that's not on the agenda right now, and may never be.

But Neil & Devon is on the writer's agenda, and they are putting quite a bit of time, and effort, into them. Have you looked at spoilers? I would be absolutely thrilled if they were doing all this for the Chancellor's. There's always a chance something won't work, what's important is that they are really trying.

• Members

This show is boring as hell. There is nothing appealing to watch. Every character on the show has become so damn boring. The couples are boring as well. The scene with Devon getting hit by two different women was cringe worthy bad.

• Members

I hear you, NBA; and I wasn't talking to you specifically in my last comment, since you have made it clear that you're arguing from the point of view of making this show more exciting and watchable.

But other post-ers here...they just wanna make it all about race (as in, "Devon isn't HNIC in GC because, of course, he's Black"); and like I said or implied before, it wouldn't be enough for them to have Devon in charge of Chancellor, because addressing racial and social disparities on this show (which, I agree, need to be addressed) somehow trumps plain common sense.

It makes no sense for Devon to run Chancellor Industries.  Not because he's been the poor, Black kid for most of his life; and not because, through shitty ret-cons, he magically became Kay's bio grandson (as if all that suddenly acquired wealth somehow made him less of a bore to watch); but because, even if you ignore the bloodlines, there still are others in line before him.  (And even if they aren't currently living IN GC, guess what?  They could still relocate corporate headquarters to wherever they are.)  But, hey, those honky bastards who run Y&R and all the conglomerates on Y&R deserve to have their insidious racism rubbed in their faces, so why the hell not? 

• Members

Reading other posters ideas on how to improve the show is more exciting than Y&R right now. The show is watchable if you like slow turtle pace stories going nowhere. It looks like Sally has stopped with the 3 week arc stories.

• Members

That would've been great. They could've brought back MacKenzie, JT, their son Dylan, Reed, Chance, maybe with a wife and kids, Philip III. But this was when Jean/Shelly wrote Y&R and we know how they are with a show's history

I don't think either Clementine Ford or even Kelly Kruger (who was later on B&B). 

Archived