Y&R: April 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That would suggest Pratt actually HAD a long-term plan.

I really, really, REALLY wanted for them to reveal that Chloe stole Bella from the hospital when she was a newborn.  She tried to get pregnant again, couldn't, so she "snapped" and took a baby instead.

I'd complain, too, if only because what we're getting instead is just as bad, if not worse.  I realize Y&R isn't supposed to be a couples-driven kind of show, but damn, if you're going to the trouble of MAKING it all about the couples, at least give us couples that won't make the majority ill.

• Members

How about if YOU spare ME the lecture? The FACT is that Americans see things differently than those in other countries. The FACT is that their laws are different from ours. What is "ok" depends on where you live. Laws and customs and culture MATTER. 

Sorry, but you don't get to throw out "it's gross" and not get some blowback. 

I'm guessing that, like me, you're perfectly fine with gay couples adopting children. How would you react if someone called gay adoption "gross"? Certainly you realize some people in this country still think interracial marriage is "gross."

i am not some "anything goes" person. Would I have serious questions about my 15 year old son's involvement with an adult? Yeah. But it WAS NOT illegal. We also have 25 years of evidence that their relationship worked and was real. For me, that's enough to remove it from the "it's gross" category.

No law was broken when they started dating. Their parents and families had a right to their feelings, but obviously couldn't tell them what to do. In this case, at least, love wins.

The rest of us need to mind our own business. 

• Members

No idea what role he played or if it was if any significance, but actor John Shearin, who is known for playing Lt. Ambrose Finn on Hunter in the 1980s, died on April 9th. No idea of the cause of death, but Y&R was also listed among his acting credits in his obituary.

I liked his Ambrose Finn, even if the ending there was sad. May Mr. Shearin RIP.

• Members

Soap roles I put up in TD thread for Jon Shearin

John Shearin roles  I have:

TD   Dr, Mike Powers

LOV...Roger Forbes

Flamingo Road...  Deputy Tyler

Santa Barbara...Sgt. Bob Olliver

Y&R   Evan Sanderson

Falcon Crest...Deputy

Dawson's Creek   Emmett Creed

Mike Powers, Roger Forbes and Evan Sanderson were his biggest soap roles.

Evan's death scene on Y&R.

• Members

I won't even bother to read this post, since I don't care what you think. I've had you on block since about two years ago went you went off on me about my alleged hate for Josh Morrow, which was pure nonsense. Your last post was enough for me to never hit "show this post anyway".

• Members

Hevon fans are complaining over the writing for Hilary. The show threw Mariah in hevon's orbit, villainized Hilary to prop her up as more worthy, pushes the narrative that hilary is evil while Mariah is a "better abd honest" with everyone including devon verbalizing that all to justify giving her hilary's husband and life. Not to mention Devon's double standards for the women and treating Mariah like she's better. Plus mariah being an employee but talking down to Hilary. Too heavy handed. They have a legit gripe IMO. 

Lane fans are upset cause the show is recycling the same story they've seen many times plus writing Cane as incompetent to prop up everyone. Also a legit gripe. They aren't even broken up so that's not their complaint. 

Villy fans complain about the writing for Vikki. We've done so here.  They were never together so it's not their complaint. 

Philly fans complained cause Sally said Philly were unlikable and ended them. So yeah, it's cause they weren't together. They are the only ones who were complaining over just that. Now Philly ate together, the show is now amazing. Lol

LMBO

I honestly don't see much of that on the Twitter timeline. I do see a bunch of Sharon fans convincing everyone that Chelsea and Nick have no chemistry though. They don't IMO. But I know most of those complaints are agenda.  Typically happens during Showtime when they are on. A random Saturday/Sunday only has Philly and Hevon fans talking about the show. 

Most of them have moved on to Philly now. 

• Members

MiM/BJ have palpable chemistry and their scenes (a month ago or so?) when they were agreeing to part ways in the penthouse were magic.  Specifically MiM has grown tremendously as an actress since her beginning and it felt like she was one of the lead young women on the show.  And since then, she's been MIA and given a few rushed throw-away scenes with this Jordan character whom I really want to like but the writing for the character is just...ugh.  Of course, I'm biased.  I love MiM. 

I do like CG but the story would have been so much better making Mariah and Hilary become friends.  Mariah and Devon don't work as a couple.  

The actress playing Juliet has charisma and has potential to be an interesting antagonist, but why throw her into the Lane cesspool? 

Philly...eh.  I can take them or leave them.  I thought they were going to pivot Phil back to her roots but I guess they are hung up on making her some kind of heroine.  Thumbs down.

Nick and Chelsea are a snoozefest.  I haven't seen much of Sharon and Scott to make a call on that coupling, as I'm only watching a couple days a week at this point.  So we'll see.

If they are writing Y&R by committee, it ain't working.  If TPTB don't like SSM, then they need to fire her (I was enjoying the show up until about a month or so ago) and stop with this bullshit storytelling.  I'm so over this.

• Members

You can feel it with MiM and BJ. They've always had "it" and that's the only reason they've gotten this far. They've never had the writing. Ever. You'll love today's show cause that "it" was on full display. I complain about how the show keeps them out of alone scenes together but as someone said, @edgeofnik I think it was, the audience knows what it feels. I guess you can't sell Devon falling for Mariah while he's radiating heat onscreen with Hilary while he and Mariah are just giggling. That painful smile BJ keeps plastered on his face in Devon and Mariah scenes does not chemistry make. And it's not fooling anyone. Lol

The problem with Jordan is that DK can't act and isn't pretty/sexy enough to make up for it. I don't like him either and I don't get why the show thrust Hilary into a romance with him instead of a connected character like Noah or bringing on recast Kyle or chance. We all know this thing isn't going anywhere unless it's an exit story for them both. Waste of time. This pairing gives MiM/Hilary nothing. She's isolated to him, GC Buzz, and Mariah. And I guess Devon when he shows up. 

I like Juliet as well. But Lane was a terrible place to put her. They could have made her Jack's  new assistant and PYT for all those who wanted to see him with Hilary so badly. 

I think Scott is wasted on Sharon story wise. Luckily, I don't think he will stay with her. I still think he will land with Mariah with Devon and Sharon used as angst for them. 

Don't get me on Philly. I don't mind them because I think they have hot chemistry that leaps off the screen. Mal Young's obsession with them will make them somethimg they shouldn't be much like phick became. I'm sure I'll learn to equally resent them. 

I don't know what happened last month but i feel like pratt is back in the building. No bueno. 

• Members

The same reason Y&R never tested Jordan with any of its white actresses.

Once Y&R pairs Mariah with Scott & reunites Hevon, it will throw DK into an underwritten interracial relationship with a directionless white female character that goes nowhere & gets no airtime then he will be fired (just like RW/Tyler).

• Members

I don't think that DK can't act. He's stiff (largely due to the severely wooden dialogue & pointless love square the character was immediately thrust in) but he isn't without charm.

The problem is that Y&R hired him with the expectation that he be Shemar 2.0 but most of Shemar's appeal (other than his looks) was his charisma which you can't teach. There was no attempt at establishing the character prior to Y&R shoving him into GC Buzz debacle as the Malcolm to Devon's Neil. The character hasn't had anything to do other than act as a buffer for the two actresses of color (when he isn't stuck in some variation of awkward Quad From Hell scenes).

It's only a matter of time before Y&R reverts back to its usual Lane Forever stance with Juliet going full blown psycho and with the SORAS'ing of the twins I wouldn't be surprised to see Juliet seduce Charlie and get pregnant.

Archived