Y&R: April 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

True, but it's especially irritating now because Y&R is trying to turn her into a full blown heroine.

Every so often Y&R likes to act as if Nick has a life (besides tending bar) but it doesn't work because there is nothing to Nick (as a character) anymore. He has no goals, no ambitions, nothing. That's why the show keeps placing him in relationships (and why those relationships keep failing).

Not really. It's a random case that any other spy/reporter/agent could do & it makes Cricket look really stupid for pressuring Scotty seeing as the last mission he went on for the govt got him captured until he was rescued by a private citizen. But as usual instead of focusing on family bonding Y&R is placing plot above character again.

Chipmunk was never formally charged but that doesn't make it any less disgusting.

This could be said of every character on the show right now.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Kevin has long overstayed his welcome. It's absolutely ridiculous to me the lengths soaps go to in order to reform a character, like Kevin, or Franco on GH or many other examples ... it's one of the many reasons soaps have lost any bit of credibility they may have once had. That and bringing people back from the dead left and right as if it's nothing.

• Members

Could you imagine their reaction if Kevin looked like Ravi or Jordan?

It's not like time would make the difference. The majority of SSM's new characters have been around for close to six months & they're almost all failures.

• Members

Or even Devon. Hadn't escaped my notice that Kevin gets to be a father and Devon is just now getting a second onscreen love interest, one I despise by the way. 

Making Kevin the father painlessly ends a story that SSM probably doesn't think should have been told. Wrap it up and move on from a child she probably couldn't care less about. This one was strategic. 

• Members

Yep.

When you place Devon against ANY of his characters peers (male or female) from Y&R the difference is even more stark.

Which proves you can LITERALLY be, and do, ANYTHING, in Daytime as long as a lack of melanin is involved.

• Members

I think Hilary proves that everyday. Her tame sins and she's evil and toxic...unworthy. With the likes of Gloria passing judgement. But you know what, I will not start...

I understand wanting to keep GR because he can act. Maybe they should have given Kevin a twin. Too cliche and part idea problem? 

• Members

I thought the same thing until I looked further. Villy and Philly are both vocal fan bases, neither of them wanted Billy to be attached to Chloe's child in any way. If you filter them out, the love for Kevin being the father to that little girl is minimal.

Archived