YRBB

Y&R: April 2017 Discussion Thread

417 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, slick jones said:

I like Ravi, and his scenes with Eileen, his friends, and BM. I don't get all the hate.  Abhi Sinha shows up and plays the part just fine.  Maybe it's the writing for him that people don't like.  Maybe it's the actor.  Most people were complaining before he was on the air/first week or so. 

Actors like AH that have phoned it in for more than 10 years are the ones that need to go.  Actors like DG whose story should have ended when he was killed off several years ago, should go.

There is nothing wrong with AS at all. Ravi is EXACTLY like Natalie - awkward tech geek/whiz turned into swan with a crush. There has been nothing original about Ravi that wasn't covered terribly, I might add, with Natalie. And if you're going to bring in a character like Ravi, I completely agree with you that he should become acquainted with like of Tessa, Noah, Mariah, etc. And I hate to say, even Kevin would be a logical friend here because of the tech stuff. The  RAsh pairing is all wrong and trying to make Phyllis his fairy godmother doing the 80s dress-up/sunglasses cliche and that Ravi would tell her that someday she'll find a man was just awful.  

16 hours ago, cassadine1991 said:

That would be great, would also like to see a family for Ravi too

If I wasn't meh about the writing for this show & Daytime wasn't insistent on treating characters of color horribly I'd suggest transplanting the entire Patel family from OLTL to Y&R.

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 4:48 AM, Roman said:

IA about Jack/Gloria, especially Gloria. she needs to be low key and stop with the overacting. I do like the Reed/Tessa SL but the B stories do need for fleshing out IMPO. Ashley/Ravi is still at the same place it was 2 months ago. and now you see Jack is wanting to use Abby to get revenge once again on Victor. He's the Cliff Barnes of GC. I do like Victor being on the outs with his family.....but I know it won't last. I will enjoy it while it does. it seems like Victor will show emotional debt when he is alone, but once around family he goes back to being "TGVN". and I also liked how Nick hypocritically called out Nikki to Vicki.......:How long will it be before she starts trying to get us to forgive him?" aye Nick....how many times have he's said he was done with Victor only to take him back?

Agree about Gloria.

While I like Reed, I'm finding the stuff with Tessa just...C so far. I like her though. And exepect a curveball.

You know Victor won't let them see him in pain. ;)

Hehe...Nick be right on that.

On 2017-04-18 at 0:43 AM, edgeofnik said:

Also the major pimping of Ravi is inexplicable. Are we really to believe that this CEO who has lusted for Ashley and asked her to dinner would be so consistently rude to her? Not a chance.

I can believe it. People are very rude and impolite these days when it comes to casual dating. 

Edited by StepBack

4 hours ago, DeeeDee said:

The introduction of texting on this show has been a nightmare.

Talking about nightmare....today's show was one of them.

Peter S. Fischer (co-creator, "Murder, She Wrote") said it best: it is impossible to create drama with stuff like cellphones and computers, because the very essence of drama is conflict between two opposing forces in the same space.

Just now, Khan said:

Peter S. Fischer (co-creator, "Murder, She Wrote") said it best: it is impossible to create drama with stuff like cellphones and computers, because the very essence of drama is conflict between two opposing forces in the same space.

How I wish there had been reunion movies of the show. It is a show that still holds up very well to this day. I love this show!

2 minutes ago, Khan said:

Well, there WERE post-series movies -- three of 'em, in fact -- that Hallmark Movies & Mysteries rerun frequently. ;)

I have all the dvds and movies....:lol:

23 hours ago, DeeeDee said:

If I wasn't meh about the writing for this show & Daytime wasn't insistent on treating characters of color horribly I'd suggest transplanting the entire Patel family from OLTL to Y&R.

Shenaz Treasury is so vivacious, I'd love to see her as a cousin or bossy older sister!:wub:

1 hour ago, Khan said:

Wow. I love it. So true.