YRBB

Y&R: April 2017 Discussion Thread

483 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Khan said:

Was it really a story?  Because I saw it more as a glorified anecdote.

You're right, it really wasn't a story. I guess I used the word for lack of a better word at the moment.

CBS needs a new head writer ASAP. This show is lacking drama. They need JFP to return immediately she would pump the drama up.

48 minutes ago, Khan said:

I just wish there had been some way to tie Fenmore's financial troubles into Scotty's return.  Like, instead of Jill having the heart attack, maybe Lauren could have fallen ill due to the stress of keeping the business financially solvent.  That way, Scotty could have returned to GC once he heard about Lauren's heart attack.  Then, maybe, they could have repositioned him either to assume leadership at Fenmore's (and explore whatever conflicts come from having someone with a non-sales background assume the reins) or even have him follow in his dad's footsteps and enroll in medical school because he was so affected by his mother's health crisis.

Y&R wouldn't have even needed a heart attack (I also hate the way today's soaps write illness, they are unable to sustain the consistency to deal with life altering health problems). 

Y&R could've have shown Lauren having a series of panic attacks and when Michael sees Lauren in the hospital after a bad panic attack, could've contacted Scotty (and Fen) and asked him to come home.

In one of my posts, I had proposed that since Scotty is a writer, once he sees the trouble that Fenmores is in, decides to help write ads for Fenmores to run in print and online as the boutique's revitalization plans take shape. In fact, I proposed that both Fen and Scott step in to help the struggling family business.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

51 minutes ago, Khan said:

I just wish there had been some way to tie Fenmore's financial troubles into Scotty's return.  Like, instead of Jill having the heart attack, maybe Lauren could have fallen ill due to the stress of keeping the business financially solvent.  That way, Scotty could have returned to GC once he heard about Lauren's heart attack.  Then, maybe, they could have repositioned him either to assume leadership at Fenmore's (and explore whatever conflicts come from having someone with a non-sales background assume the reins) or even have him follow in his dad's footsteps and enroll in medical school because he was so affected by his mother's health crisis.

3 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Y&R wouldn't have even needed a heart attack (I also hate the way today's soaps write illness, they are unable to sustain the consistency to deal with life altering health problems). 

Y&R could've have shown Lauren having a series of panic attacks and when Michael sees Lauren in the hospital after a bad panic attack, could've contacted Scotty (and Fen) and asked him to come home.

In one of my posts, I had proposed that since Scotty is a writer, once he sees the trouble that Fenmores is in, decides to help write ads for Fenmores to run in print and online as the boutique's revitalization plans take shape. In fact, I proposed that both Fen and Scott step in to help the struggling family business.

Both of these ideas are :wub:

So much better than what the "story" turned out to be...

On 4/4/2017 at 11:38 AM, edgeofnik said:

So will Nick & Kevin form a detective/hostage negotiator agency? Maybe run it from The Underground. I here for that. 

Asexual & Gay negotiator agency??

Dumb & Dumber negotiator agency??

5 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

I'm still PO-ed that the Fenmores story flopped so badly!

It was a story that amounted to nothing!  And where is the change in Lauren that we were promised?:unsure::rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Khan said:

All this would require some thinking from the HW. Some actual planning out of stories....not these 3 week arcs we are getting of poorly constructed stories.

This show is still very boring. The couples being shown have zero chemistry from Billy/Victoria to Nick/Chelsea to Ashley/Mr. Tech Guy.

And I STILL don't know why Jack needed Fenmores so badly. That missing part of the story really plagues me. 

9 minutes ago, ajsp35801 said:

And I STILL don't know why Jack needed Fenmores so badly. That missing part of the story really plagues me. 

Hell....Jill popped back up before you knew it after her heart attack. That is ridiculous!  I had a childhood friend who suffered one and he is still trying to recover from it. Sally Sussman's stories are all poop.

Because 1) that isn't really Jack, it's Marco; and 2) he needed Fenmore's for his opiate-smuggling operation.

;)

1 minute ago, Khan said:

Because 1) that isn't really Jack, it's Marco; and 2) he needed Fenmore's for his opiate-smuggling operation.

;)

Nah if it was Marco he would have done us the favor and offed Gloria already.

@Soapsuds @Khan y'all are killing me! :D

But why did Jill also decide she no longer wanted to buy Fenmores. Lack of funds? New lease on life? It was never explained. 

I think it goes back to Sally's not liking the "Jill Fenmore" idea.

4 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

anigif_enhanced-22019-1440885904-7.gif

Think about it: we don't see Gloria for months.  Then, when she's back on the scene, she's making a beeline for Lauren's family bidness.

Mm-hmm.

Poor Smilin' Jack Abbott.  First, he was duped into having sex with Patty.  Now, it's Sheila.

Edited by Khan

3 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Did anyone actually see today's episode?? LOL.

Yup....my post about the show is up above...LOL