GH: April 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's true. I figured it went without saying but I was happy to see him. Ingo is aging very nicely. And I do like his relationship with Alexis. I hate Alexis/Julian but I liked what Jax had to say to her about mourning Julian. I also love how Josslyn gives Carly [!@#$%^&*] at every turn. That's how Carly's daughter should be.

The show has been watchable. I caught up on last week and while that was still March, I didn't mind Lucy/Ava and Ned/Olivia and the hostage situation at Floating Rib. I also liked Jordan/Curtis on their date. They definitely have chemistry to me. Even Anna/Valentin wasn't horrible.

I really enjoyed Tracy and Laura's interactions. They're actually really fun together and play off of each other well.

Last week also proves Hayden/Finn are completely and totally pointless.

I still don't care about Franco/Liz and never will. It should be AJ in Franco's spot so I'm resenteful for that reason and it just sounds so dumb everytime Liz tries to justify Franco as a better person. UGH.

• Members

I thought it was nice that they did an onscreen tribute to Barbara Tarbuck, who had played Lady Jane, Jax's mom.  I really wish soaps did this kind of thing more often for actors that played characters no longer on the current canvas but still much loved by fans.  For example, on-air tributes to Bob Hastings and Todd Davis would have been great.

• Members

I thought so too; she was definitely different IMHO, but we'll see ...

And slick is right though, they don't write strong women. They think they do but they don't. They're a bit better at Higley with writing for women though, although that isn't saying a lot ...

I haven't hated the show lately. Again, it's watchable. I've liked seeing Ingo back and I like that they addressed Barbara Tarbuck's/Lady Jane's passing.

So of course Sonny will find out he never had sex with Nelle just as Carly has sex with Jax. LOL

Chloe Lanier did a great job this week, IMHO.

While the show isn't bad or trash, it's just so easily predictable. Who didn't see the Alex/Anna thing with Valentin, or Jax/Carly having sex as Sonny finds out the truth, or Julian being alive and haunting Alexis? It's all just so basic.

• Members

I found the clips where they talked about this. Other than the generic music drowning out the dialogue, it was decent enough. It was nice to see characters actually talking and sharing stories. I was surprised they even bothered, as this isn't exactly a show that has much use for its own history beyond camp. Ingo must have been close to Barbara Tarbuck as his grief felt real.

Archived