2017 Emmy Nominations

Soapsuds

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow. Crickets. Forgot they were being announced today. 

I'm so indifferent to people who are nominated. The few people I was hoping for were mostly looked over. It's funny how most Supporting Actress nods are for people who left their shows long ago. And that Younger Lead Actor category. Hmm K. 

Please don't let Heather Tom win. That'll just encourage Brad to write for her more. 

• Members
  1. Kelly Sullivan being nominated exemplifies why Daytime isn't taken seriously anymore. This broad chews more scenery than most and she gets a nomination? Why? She was abysmal on GH and Y&R. Can they please stop trying to make her "fetch?"
  2. The younger categories need to be scrapped at this point. I used to be an advocate for the categories, but now they are pointless. Long gone are the days of the Anne Heche, Sarah Brown, Jonathan Jackson, Heather Tom, Monti Sharp type young, powerhouse actors. 
  3. It is obvious that Supporting Actor is gonna go to either Steve or Chad. But then again, this show gave an EMMY to Drew Tyler Bell, so Jeffery Parise's dreadful ass might walk out with the win. 
  4. I PRAY that anyone but Peter Bergman wins in Best Actor. I'm rooting for Kristoff to make history and become the 2nd actor (after Heather Tom), to win an award in every category, but I doubt it'll happen. 
  5. Lead Actress is the only category where I don't have an idea where it'll go as all the actresses are powerhouses. 

• Members

The Emmy nominations have become more of a popularity contest than anything else. It has nothing to do with talent anymore.

Jess Walton and Kristoff St. John are nominated but for what? They had no storylines if I remember correctly. I am glad they were nominated but for what?

I can't stand Peter Bergman. I hope he doesn't win either.

• Members

Jess Walton had Lead Actress worthy scenes when Billy was hospitalized. She had a big breakdown against Jack, Ashley and (I think) Tracey - Gina Tognoni was in those episodes too. 

If thats what she submitted, she had the scenes (rather than storyline) to get nominated. Will she win? Who knows. I'd love to see her win because she is a phenomenal actress whose never taken her job for granted. Plus, she's 70 and still in the game after enduring MAB and Paul Rauch treating her like crap.

• Members

These days winning based on scenes instead of story is normal. I'd rather the person with the best reel win instead of the person who was a lead, picks the wrong thing and gets it based on nothing beyond recognition.

• Members

I remember those scenes. It has to be what she submitted because they were awesome. Jess brought me to tears, it truly felt like she was losing her son. And it was all Jill, since JT Billy was brand new at the time. I would've felt nothing for him if it wasn't for her. Not to mention he was in a coma.

I hope she wins too, but she didn't have as much screen time as the others in her category that year. I don't think that's supposed to count but voters could factor that in. But if her crappy treatment is figured in too, that might make it up for it. MAB ripped apart her character for years. I still remember her last scene before she was forced out under MAB, it was Genevive throwing mud all over Jill. It was a disgusting way for a 25+ year vet to be written off, MAB was so nasty. Jess deserves a Emmy just for handling all that with class.

With only 4 soaps left, the win has to based on quality of the reel, in order to have any sort of competition. If only the most used actors from each soap were considered why bother? They already get an advantage in that they have many more scenes to choose from so it's not like their screen time doesn't help.

• Members

If Heather Tom wins, she'll tie Erika Slezak with the most Emmy wins by an actress. Erika also holds the record for most Lead Actress wins (6), followed by Susan Flannery (4), Kim Zimmer (4), Helen Gallagher (3), and Maura West (3).

Peter Bergman scored his 20th nomination. He's one nomination away from tying Susan Lucci's record for most nominations overall. Peter and Susan are tied for most consecutive nominations (13).

Archived