Y&R: Actress off contract

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I saw those too and was pretty shocked because it sounds terrible but Chloe has been a mess of character for years now. Her entire return has been unnecessary and full of schlock so it actually in a way it's fitting that Chloe has to exit like that. At least the Adam and Bella revelations are finally going to come out from my understanding. 

• Members

The problem with Chloe has been the hardness/shrillness of the characterisation (a problem down to the last 3 sets of writers in part) and the fact that she has been lumbered with that high-voiced black hole of a character, Kevin. She should be bitching and sashaying her way around GC, in the thick of that beauty industry. Instead she's stuck in a neverending relationship where it looks like she's bearding for him and he's bearding for her. The two have no sexial chemistry whatsoever.

When I think about her and Chance, or even Billy.... those could have been pairings with potential. A rivalry with Lily was also untapped. 

• Members

I think it's been a problem with Liz Hendrickson for much of her soap career. It's why turning her into a leading lady/suffering ingenue baffled me. I never really saw any chemistry with Chompers or most other men they threw at her (just as she had none with most of her male love interests on AMC), but she and Cane had potential. It's too bad the show did nothing with it. 

• Members

I thought she and the actor who played Chance (name escapes me for now) had a sweet, unexpectedly romantic chemistry which softened her without declawing the character. But then MAB ruined it in favor of Eden Riegel who came onto the show at that time and broke them up.

She does have a sarcastic hardness to her, but this can be balanced with the writing and right screen partners. Even with Chompers she showed some range, but that may be because she and Billy Miller started the show at the same time and he wasn't quite at full chomping chompers mode yet. 

She and Cane did have... something, and the hate rivalry between Chloe and Lily I actually enjoyed. Unfortunately, lumbered with Kevin and the Baldwins, this brings out EH's worst instincts; it is a snarkedy snark snark snarkathon. And it makes her come across as perpetually annoyed or dissatisfied.

• Members

What Y&R should've done with the whole Chancellor Family/Phillip Is Alive debacle was have Chloe play the role Amber did with Cane (making them co-conspirators) to worm themselves into the Chancellor Family with Katherine & Jill eventually embracing him but disliking her.

Then have Nina return & turn the tables on Cane & Chloe by revealing Phillip being alive thus making Katherine & Jill furious with her for ruining their relationship with Cane AND for keeping such huge news from them only for all three of them (Katherine, Jill & Nina) to then unite to keep a newly returned Katie away from Chance.

• Members

Chloe as Kate wasn't a bad idea. Maya in transgender was a terrible idea on Bold. I never liked that move. New it was going to limit her. I'm waiting for her to be sent packing 

EH/Chloe just wasn't a priority and kept being pushed aside for others. First it was ER/Heather with Chance. Then it was MS/Phyllis with Ronan. Then they stuck her with Kevin where she mildewed. 

• Members

Chloe as Kate was a terrible idea.

Liz Hendrickson is a solid actress who didn't need the propping & Chloe was a strong enough character (by that point) to stand on her own merit.

The unnecessary retcon ruined a potential legacy character and denied Y&R the opportunity for TWO viable younger leading female characters (which they were and still are in dire need of).

Which was karma for the way Y&R threw Mackenzie, Colleen, Lily & even Sharon WAY under the bus to prop EH/Chloe's useless

Archived