GH: Actress leaving

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I heard about this 3 weeks ago, but wasn't sure.

Like AG or not, JE's Tracy should get her "Happy" Ending. I'd rather her leave with Luke than fauxLarry. Who else is there? The majority of her male co-stars were killed off or sent to prison.(Scully, Zacchara, Gino Soleito, all dead.  Mitch Williams and Hornsby are in prison (presumably))  At least AG can usher her off on a positive note.

• Members

Or she could just leave the show. Tracy's gone most of her existence without needing a man to drive her story until they saddled her with Luke because "hey they're both old!". 

I'm sure Jane Elliott will love it because she loves Tony Geary but the character does not need Luke in order to exit the show.

• Members

Agreed.  The only man that truly drove Tracy's character was Edward.  Luke just became another unbalanced storyline.  She was always waiting on Luke.  Remember back in the day when characters like Laura and Tracy didn't need Luke to drive every part of their storylines?  Not since JFP arrived.

• Members

I think Luke may be on April 28th but thats all

I heard the scenes airing April 28th were Jane's last to film

Yes and that reminds me of something Guza said in 1998 when Genie came back from a year long maternity, I believe it was an interview with Michael Logan and he asked something about since Luke heads on Vacation soon, what will Laura do???

Guza said If Laura were the only person on GH there would be lots for her to do

so Laura and Tracy dont need Luke,  to exist as valued characters on GH

• Members

The show would say otherwise until very recently.  Once Wendy Riche was gone, no female character that was not a villain had a consistent storyline outside of a romantic relationship.  That was with Guza.  The quote you pulled is bullshit because he didn't write the show that way at all, for a decade.  He didn't write Laura back in and he didn't invest in Tracy except with Luke once he set them up together.  He had way more power under Frons and with JFP than he had with Riche and we got to see his vision pretty clearly on screen.

• Members

If Matthew Ashford was still on the show I would be screaming for it.  Of course, KC wouldn't bother doing it for the same reason that he fired Matt so many times to begin with: to him Jack Deveraux was just "that guy Jennifer Horton married."  He totally forgot how huge a star MA was, completely independent of Missy Reeves.  In fact, Jack was the dominant character in the pairing during their supercouple heyday.

I would love to see Jack and Angelica Deveraux interacting again, along with scenes that included Justin, Adrienne, and Alexander.

Archived