Winchester91

Greatest Soap Cop-Out's.

109 posts in this topic

Strangely, just last week, I think I may have mentioned the Geraldo/Al Capone vault episode in the Politics thread but my memory of that was that because I wasn't allowed to stay up and watch the special, I set the VCR (I had already learned how to program a VCR when I was 9 or 10) and when I got home from school, after homework, I immediately rewound the tape and started watching.

Honestly, I must have FFed through most of the special, only stopping to see the archival newsreel footage in black and white film.  I zipped through to see the empty beer bottles at the end.:lol: I was mostly annoyed to have used actual VHS tape to record this thing but at least, I didn't waste time sitting through the whole thing.

From then on, I knew that Geraldo was a charlatan who craved media attention and ratings.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

3 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Strangely, just last week, I think I may have mentioned the Geraldo/Al Capone vault episode in the Politics thread but my memory of that was that because I wasn't allowed to stay up and watch the special, I set the VCR (I had already learned how to program a VCR when I was 9 or 10) and when I got home from school, after homework, I immediately rewound the tape and started watching.

Honestly, I must have FFed through most of the special, only stopping to see the archival newsreel footage in black and white film.  I zipped through to see the empty beer bottles at the end.:lol: I was mostly annoyed to have used actual VHS tape to record this thing but at least, I didn't waste time sitting through the whole thing.

From then on, I knew that Geraldo was a charlatan who craved media attention and ratings.

To me it ruined him. but wasn't it hilarious to see all the empty beer bottles?

10 minutes ago, Roman said:

To me it ruined him. but wasn't it hilarious to see all the empty beer bottles?

Even thinking back, it's funny as hell! He got very little sympathy when he got his nose broken by a flying chair in that low-brow fight.:lol:

I'm surprised that he had - and still has - a TV career to this day!!! :lol:

Edited by amybrickwallace