B&B: March 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was just thinking the other day about how they should have never gotten rid of the old opening. It was only outdated because they chose to use the same damn photos of people like KKL, JMcC, RM, and SF that they'd used in 1987. That made NO sense, especially when they were already spending money on glamorous press photos every few years that could have just slid into the opening.

This "new" B&B opening is just the right amount of "doing it right" that almost gives me hope for the genre, but we all know that style over substance is what has gotten us to where we are presently. Visually perfect, the music is all right, but the last arrangement of the theme wouldn't have worked with this (though a newer arrangement that was a marriage of the old/new standards might have). It gets an obvious A+. Easily THE best update on an old theme (sorry, Days).

• Members

I agree. I thought it was very unique and well done, until the cast shots started changing in video quality and you could tell which shots were originals and which were added in at a later date. 

I hope they keep this 30th anniversary opening for the next year. I'm not crazy on the music, especially the saxophone in the beginning. I didn't like it in the early 2000's and I don't like it now. Otherwise, I think it's beautiful, crisp, and a great modern twist on their classic opening. 

Archived