YRBB

Y&R: March 2017 Discussion Thread

588 posts in this topic

He still looks good, let's be real many of us would love to have his looks and body (sorry but it's true, and I don't think I'm a slouch) but he's not aging well. He must like to be out in the sun a lot (well ... California and all and an Aussie).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

He still looks good, let's be real many of us would love to have his looks and body (sorry but it's true, and I don't think I'm a slouch) but he's not aging well. He must like to be out in the sun a lot (well ... California and all and an Aussie).

He's still got his smile at least.:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

He still looks good, let's be real many of us would love to have his looks and body (sorry but it's true, and I don't think I'm a slouch) but he's not aging well. He must like to be out in the sun a lot (well ... California and all and an Aussie).

 

+1 (I've always found him attractive, even now)

 

He also broke his elbow about a year and a half ago, I think he had an infection from whatever they put in there, surgeries, and is 45, so I'm fairly certain strenuous working out fell on the side LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slick jones said:

 

I'm not trying to shame him, but stop pushing him as if he still looked like that.

 

That's what makes Lame ludicrous- he's 45 and she's 29. Worse this started when she was 19(!) and he was 35. So wrong and I can't believe that pairing ever got through either writing, Sony or CBS. Cane should be with Ashley and Lily with ANYONE else.

 

Objectively DG is still a good looking guy. It's the writing that makes he so unappealing at times. I imagine we'll be calling him Aunt Cane in 10 years. 

Edited by edgeofnik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always hated Lily paired with Cane. I tolerated it more when I thought he was Phillip. But once he was revealed as a con man nobody,  that should have been the end of it.  Him to gold dig on older women in town and her to be young. Instead, she was forced into role of family matriarch with stories better suited for a 45 year old woman. With the aid of the DVR, I actually went 2 years without hearing his voice. I just couldn't stomach the sound. And I side eye Neil for ever being okay with them together. 

 

DG has a handsome face though but I've always thought he had a weird looking body. Made even worse by father time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Cane probably would've been compatible with Ashley. It's too bad the show never tried them.

 

Actually they tested CAsh for a few weeks right before ED was traded to DAYS. It was some Asian deal in 2012(?) which is why I got royally PO'd at Sally & Crew having Cane do the bro-hug. I remember watching them and thinking they had a really good vibe, looked good together and both are serious about business. 

Edited by edgeofnik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember that Cane and Ashley chem test. I thought they looked good together and had chemistry. But nothing came of it, per usual. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@edgeofnik @ajsp35801 Hmm, maybe somebody needs to remind Sally of this. The Lane pairing is way past its 'Sell By Date' (if it ever had one) and, hearing how well ED and DG got on onscreen, surely it's time to rip off the Band-Aid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also thought I saw a few sparks when they randomly had Cane and Chelsea interacting quite a while back. I had happened to catch the episode and they were interacting.

 

I could see DG and ED together.

11 hours ago, edgeofnik said:

 

That's what makes Lame ludicrous- he's 45 and she's 29. Worse this started when she was 19(!) and he was 35. So wrong and I can't believe that pairing ever got through either writing, Sony or CBS. Cane should be with Ashley and Lily with ANYONE else.

 

Objectively DG is still a good looking guy. It's the writing that makes he so unappealing at times. I imagine we'll be calling him Aunt Cane in 10 years. 

 

Cane whining a few weeks ago about how unfair his life was just got on my last nerve. It was awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

@edgeofnik @ajsp35801 Hmm, maybe somebody needs to remind Sally of this. The Lane pairing is way past its 'Sell By Date' (if it ever had one) and, hearing how well ED and DG got on onscreen, surely it's time to rip off the Band-Aid.

 

The only reason they didn't before IMO is cause the show had no true desire to do anything with either character. Why not keep them together? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forget about how old DG looks.  He has the same problem most soap actors have today.  He can't act for [!@#$%^&*].

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Khan said:

Forget about how old DG looks.  He has the same problem most soap actors have today.  He can't act for [!@#$%^&*].

 

That too ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

This Ravi crap is awful and poor Eileen is wasted. She is so needed back at days. Its a stupid situation what is this to be comedic writing. Sally is tanking and failing miserably. Worst 4 months in YR history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ajsp35801 said:

I remember that Cane and Ashley chem test. I thought they looked good together and had chemistry. But nothing came of it, per usual. 

 

The story was abruptly cut because Sony sent ED to DAYS. The more I think about the pairing, it could be hot and 'scandalous' - Jabot/B&S execs getting it on. I think about good storytelling and Ravi/Juliet added to canvas has zero impact. Pairing these CAsh two creates lots of material. Plus I'd like to see how ED/CK work together - with Lily being in dark - or better Hilary discovers the affair and we know how much love there is between Ashley/Hilary! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.