Y&R: March 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sigh

Must be why I have the entire week sitting on the DVR

Abby looks ridiculous as she rants at Victoria, too. She's so insecure it's sad. Abby/Scotty would be a better choice. I don't know why Sharon can't be single for a long period of time. They need to have her be supporting for a long while. They're doing OK repairing her, at least IMO, but they don't need to throw her into another pairing.

• Members

The most frustrating part is that some of Sally's ideas have potential which constantly get lost due to erratic pacing and lazy characterization. And for a regime who was determined to play by their own rules they're awfully wedded to convention.

The Victoria and Abby drama is terrible. Between the contrived rivalry and the inconsistent motivations Abby has no reason to be jealous of Victoria, so she comes across as unreasonably paranoid instead of understanably insecure. Plus MO & AH aren't nearly compelling enough as actresses to sell the writing. The best thing that has come from the whole debacle is AH's Victoria's aloof reaction whenever Abby launches into one of her tantrums.

• Members

They sure aren't compelling. I go on about her but Amelia is such a lazy actress and she always looks like a mess. It's so frustrating because I want Victoria to be what Sally is writing her to be but the actress is flat as hell. MO is fine in small doses but she's just as bad, though not messy. It also doesn't help that I've always hated the Victoria and Billy pairing and I don't like the contrived ways they've been forced together. The real Victoria would never put up with Billy. They shouldn't be in the same age range to begin with but that's another problem for another day.

Sally's ideas do have potential but the execution is terrible. Erratic pacing is a great way to describe it as is lazy characterization. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement but maybe I built her up too much in my head. She said all the right things in the beginning, like they all do, but she's more or less failed at this point. I think there are certain things that are better, the show isn't trash, and I think the "repairing" (subjective, I suppose) of a lot of characters has been fairly good, but I don't know what happened. Is she being forced to write the stories she is and feature who she does? It's just so hard to know anymore. Are the rabid fanbases of "Lane" and "Villy" (two couples that never should have existed in the first place) why they're all of a sudden getting the story focus? She seemed to have little interest in Cane and Lily at the start.

• Members

1. Only if we're talking 3sum.

2. He didn't and the audience is smart enough to see through this charade. It will be 'exposded,' they'll split, Juliet tries to be like Sheila, when that falls flat, Victoria will discover footage of hotel room on someone's laptop, save the day. Lame reunited and then no story for two years. 

Archived