Y&R: March 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Great ideas! I keep forgetting that Jill and Lauren's offspring is related so I didn't even think about Scotty and his connections with Chance. Did Scotty and Billy meet yet?

I think Chance could be cast as mid to late 20s.

I trust these writers more than any other in the last 10 years. They understand the history in the 70s and 80s so the older characters feel more like themselves. I think they run into problems because of all the damage done since 2005. It's hard to write around, and reversing some of the ret-cons could make things worse at this point.

I'd love to see Jill as a captain of industry. It's time we see a woman own, and run a corporation like CI, that's just as important as Jabot and Newman. It's something Katherine was never able to be since she really wasn't much of a businesswoman, she just hired others to run CI for her.

• Members

True. Writers of this genre sure a quick to resort to an atrocious re-write, especially if it suits their (often temporary) purposes.

When it's onscreen though, at least viewers have some tiny measure of something to hold writers to account, even if the writers do ignore it.

• Members

Chancellor Industries has never been written as business for the whole family to be involved in.

John Abbott and Victor founded their businesses and they were passionate about them.  They were building them for their families with the intent that they take over someday. Most family members were encouraged to take part or at least give it a try.

Kay got hers from killing Phillip. The only thing she was passionate about was controlling it. She had no interest in the business or running it herself. She also had no interest in having Brock take part. He was a lawyer and she never even asked him. Her focus was on inspiring Phillip3 to be passionate about running it.  She never invited Mac in, but after Jill became her daughter she wanted Jill to take over. When Cane was found to be Phillip 3, she wanted Cane running it. When Devon was found to be her grandson Kay offered him something in music, not to be mentored into running Chancellor.

Kay has always considered CI for those connected to Phillip II….. until her strange will was read. But even working with that WTF moment, it’s Jill who had the passion to go after it. Victor really didn’t care about it. Devon had the $$$ to snap it up, but he didn’t either. And why should he? He hardly knew his grandmother and Chancellor Industries wasn’t the thing that defined her. If he wanted to honor, or be close to his grandmother buying it wouldn’t have been it. Jill did it, because of her relationship to Phillip and her offspring, not to be close to Kay.

Jabot and Newman are John and Victor’s legacy. That’s never been the case with CI and Kay.

• Members

Katherine could have left her entire estate to a dog if she wanted. It doesn't belong to any of them.

Kay left it to Victor (not her family) , and Jill bought it. How can it belong to anyone else now?

Does Devon's 2.5 billion belong to the rest of the family too?

• Members

I can't believe how much I am enjoying Y&R these days. 

Any ideas who Tessa's family in town could be? All this talk about her family being nothing like the Newmans. I hope she is not connected to the Fisher/Baldwin clan.

Everytime I watch Scott, I can't help thinking that this could have been Phillip IV (as long as his "Chance" period was forgotten for good). Phillip could have been a nice man like Brock, only more interesting.

Everytime I watch Hilary I think that this woman must be amazing in bed (the character; not the actress). I got the same vibe from Brenda Dickson's Jill. Hilary is the most fascinating Y&R woman for me.

The Underground is a great place for characters to mingle. It is nice to see Genoa City as a community.

Nikki has been amazing eversince the new regime took over.

I am bored with Jack-Gloria scenes. Jill would be so much more fun in the Jabot enviroment. However I liked the Kevin/Chloe/Esther/Gloria scene. 

I don't care for Ashley and Ravi. The sad thing is that every time I watch Ashley, I see Real Housewife Eileen, whom I don't like at all. The Ravi story is not right for her.

This regime would have been amazing for GL. Mal Young loves outdoor scenes and these people enjoy writing for  a community, while working really hard to move on after a disastrous decade without disrespecting the work of the people before them. 

• Members

The show is pleasant enough to watch but it's been a little hard to care about what's going on, TBH. It's not necessarily boring, I don't mind slow, and things seem to be kicking up a bit, but it feels like there's a lack of ... oomph. I can't describe it right but something's missing.

• Members

I couldn't make it through yesterday's episode.

That first Devon/Mariah scene with the weird camera angel to hide the fact that they filmed in the CBS parking lot was something else. So strange.

The show just feels so lifeless. There's no tension to anything at all. It's maddening.

• Members

Definitely no tension on the show. Not even in scenes that should have it. Ex: Jordan and Devon in the park. The words were antagonizing. But for some reason it seems the actors played it like they were buds. Not sure if that was directed or not. It was very weird. 

Archived